• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for pair of Dyno beach bars,

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all I am looking for a pair of Dyno beach bars, need a good/very good set to complete my Von Franco Cruiser.. the ones i have are way to rough, and wont clean up for anything. Let me know what you have.
Thanks!
Baron Von Yinzer

Hey all I am looking for a pair of Dyno beach bars, need a good/very good set to complete my Von Franco Cruiser.. the ones i have are way to rough, and wont clean up for anything. Let me know what you have.
Thanks!
Baron Von Yinzer

Got a pic . For reference?
Something I never get tired of writing o_O

sigh.. Having trouble getting into my photobucket account. yes a pic would help a lot.. beach bars from a dyno cruiser, typically stamped with a D, and then Dyno under it on the left hand side, front of the bars. from everything I know about Dyno/GT Cruisers they all sported that, and there are the short apes, and the beach bars that came on their cruisers.

20663962_10213999440085977_5201971631157279838_n.jpg

The Dyno bars are all 3/4" and will directly fit onto the piston-style aluminum stems, like those on the Vin Franco (orange) and other models (Ultra Glides or moto forks). Shims are used with the traditional 1" chrome-steel stems, like on the Dyno Glides or Deluxe models.

On the other Dynos i have I do not have shims in them, I also have a Moto Glide with the stock bars, and a Duece with tall apes, Neither are shimmed.

I meant 7/8" (but was thinking 22 mm at the same time). It seems twice as hard to remember things that have two names.

A key is that there is no reverse shim - to make a standard 1" bar fit 7/8" piston stems.

I believe that G.T. cycles used the 7/8" bars/stems on their late 1990's kustom kruisers as a carry-over from the Dyno BMX bikes that they purchased in the middle 1980's.

Latest posts

Back