Looptail study

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing a study on how to make a looptail rear end. My tubing bender does not have a small enough die to get the tight radius I'd like, what we have here is a compromise with the tools I have at my disposal. I'd like to do more but 3k for a Di Arco tubing bender seems out of the realm for something I don't do for a living...perhaps I can make a single purpose bender for loops? We'll see.

Attachments

• looptail (1).JPG
    looptail (1).JPG
    267.4 KB · Views: 157
  • looptail (2).JPG
    looptail (2).JPG
    320.1 KB · Views: 164
It looks evil. What is the widest rear tire it would take? The loops look great, I think.
Actually the more I look at it the more I like it. Does this fork has a second set of dropouts in the front?
you can put a 2.125 balloon tire in there and the fork has two sets of drop outs. :) Thanks!!

I'm sure there is a way, we'll see...

Yeah, I have a nice JD squared bender. We made the loops in it, and are making them work. A tool will pop up.

I have a mess of our article series dropouts, I was trying to use those without having to cut them. Anyway, I have other projects forthe brand in the works that will be my focus for some time. I am just trying to expand my skill set.

Those are our Taiwan bikes, they are almost gone after near 6 years...

Those are our Taiwan bikes, they are almost gone after near 6 years...
I was wondering about that, because this thread is in regard to you creating looptials. I was like, hey he already makes those? Do you have a store front in the valley, or? I'm out in the IE now, originally from the valley, but grew up in SCV.

I was wondering about that, because this thread is in regard to you creating looptials. I was like, hey he already makes those? Do you have a store front in the valley, or? I'm out in the IE now, originally from the valley, but grew up in SCV.

Yes, I do. Atomic Cycles in Van Nuys. We paid a local bender to do our made in usa loops many years ago.
looptail02.jpg

We make or made 3 different bikes ourselves and then did the Red Menace in Taiwan, we go those in country in November of 2014...in that time we have sold 170 Red Menace bikes or frame/forks and 5 made in USA bikes...you do the math.

Yes, I do. Atomic Cycles in Van Nuys. We paid a local bender to do our made in usa loops many years ago. We make or made 3 different bikes ourselves and then did the Red Menace in Taiwan, we go those in country in November of 2014...in that time we have sold 170 Red Menace bikes or frame/forks and 5 made in USA bikes...you do the math.
Cool, next time I'm in the valley I'll swing in. I have family in Mission Hills and SCV still.

Latest posts

Back