Low Flyer...."Building a Better X53"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course the blue fork will turn black and red, and I have a plan for a second spring behind the other one that'll be part of the head light...I'm thinkin.

But, this is how she stands as of now.

1489456455061-266686013.jpg
1489456494484473453701.jpg

Just catching up on this rolling hunk of art again and I am blown away!!!!
The creativity and build style is reminding me of Waldo's Elfman Streamline Deluxe from BO10.
Keep on working that magic man!

Last edited:
Just catching up on this rolling hunk of art again and I am blown away!!!!
The creativity and build style is reminding me of Waldo's Elfman Streamline Deluxe from BO10.
Keep on working that magic man!

Thanks for this!
It's taking me awhile to peruse the many awesome highlights of past build offs...Here's another great bike that I completely missed!

Looks good! The in-line two spring setup probably helps keep the front end stiffer than just one..:thumbsup:

Just saw a couple x53's at swap today, still one of my all time favorites. But, I'd honestly prefer this one.

Very cool! :cool2:

It will be interesting to find out how much this beast weighs!
Now I'll have to weigh it!
60#? 70#?
It's a tank :)

This is the kind of bike that everyone asks or begs to take for a ride.

It had a few riders the other evening when I took it out...Not many people have ridden a lowrider before, it's pretty fun!
If I can find a bigger cog, I will swap it. Just wish it was slightly lower geared...

That springer is brilliant! Love it dudel

Pretty snazzy...;)
I have it tightened down at the moment. Don't really want alot if spring action on a bike this low, but technically it does work :)

You can flip it onto the non-drive side and grill meat on the chain guard ... brilliant!

Funny you should mention it...building BBQ's is one of my main sources of employment!
image.jpg

image.jpg

This next one I'd like to post in the gallery section sooner or later...not actually a bike, but bike powered!

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 268
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 254

Latest posts

Back