Lucky # 7

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working on the kick stand tonight.
[img
kickstand1_zps47685bd7.jpg
][/img]
[img
kickstand2_zpsdd874247.jpg
][/img]
[img
kickstand3_zpsc0cd612c.jpg
][/img]
[img
kickstand4_zps4c8aa018.jpg
][/img]
[img
kickstand5_zps1f613626.jpg
][/img]
Still more to come, but the end is near.

LukeTheJoker said:
So nice, this build has so many cool one-off pieces!

Luke.
Thank a lot Luke, I am enjoying the machining of all the parts but cant wait until its done to start another one.

The Renaissance Man said:
Man I love watching this build!

Thanks a lot Renaissance Man, I am glad you like my build and stay tuned the end is in site.

Tommy Atoms said:
Im so jealous. You have some mad metal working skills. Great bike
Thanks Tommy for the positive comment.

Got my kick stand all done, to keep it in the up position I installed a spring loaded ball in the kick stand and socket on the bottom of the plate.
[img
kickstand13_zps2e4a2bfd.jpg
][/img]
[img
kickstand8_zps316cb56c.jpg
][/img]
[img
kickstand11_zps4f06ea58.jpg
][/img]
[img
kickstand10_zps19076ccd.jpg
][/img]
I did not like how the bars felt so I changed the angle to flatten them out.
[img
handelbars22_zpse7fa5f5d.jpg
][/img]
Got the rear brake bracket made and welded on.
[img
rearbrake6_zps9c3543d3.jpg
][/img]
Made a knob for the Sturmey Archer shifter handle.
[img
shifter13_zpsd159f860.jpg
][/img]
[img
shifter14_zpsf6f77487.jpg
][/img]
So now all the machining is complete, just need to polish it up and put it together.

1boomtruck said:

I love this build. 8) I noticed one thing here that is nawing at me. might I suggest that you countersink that bolt? That would give this a much more finished look. If there isn't enough material you could use a half head bolt.

Sorry, couldn't help myself. I feel like Im pointing out the fly poop in the pepper, but I couldn't stop myself. :oops:

thatismytruck said:
1boomtruck said:

I love this build. 8) I noticed one thing here that is nawing at me. might I suggest that you countersink that bolt? That would give this a much more finished look. If there isn't enough material you could use a half head bolt.

Sorry, couldn't help myself. I feel like Im pointing out the fly poop in the pepper, but I couldn't stop myself. :oops:
No worries, I had planned on countersinking a flat headed bolt there to keep it clean. So here you go.[img
idlergear6_zps5e84954d.jpg
][/img]

junknutz1975 said:
8)

That STEALTH kickstand is amazing!

nice work! :shock:
Thanks junknutz, it works great.

onelesspedestrian said:
1boomtruck said:
No worries, I had planned on countersinking a flat headed bolt there to keep it clean. So here you go.[img
][/img]

That looks glorious all cleaned up! Are you using a Dynafile for all this blending work?
Thanks for the comment, I only use a round hand file and a Ro-Loc to do my blending them hand sand it and polish.

1boomtruck said:
onelesspedestrian said:
1boomtruck said:
][/img]

That looks glorious all cleaned up! Are you using a Dynafile for all this blending work?
Thanks for the comment, I only use a round hand file and a Ro-Loc to do my blending them hand sand it and polish.

While your taking requests...I could use a set of triple clamps wide enough for 4.25 wheel/tires. Let me know, I'll provide specs.

Got it 99% done so my boy and I went for a 5 mile ride Monday night.
[img
ride1_zpsa7d3da92.jpg
][/img]
So tonight I took it for a 22 mile ride and here are some site seeing pictures
Illinois state capital
[img
ride7_zps45e9ef72.jpg
][/img]
Abraham Lincoln house.
[img
ride9_zpsf85b9b20.jpg
][/img]