Mash Banger "Last Act"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mash Banger

I have built some really sweet vintage motorcycles; and nothing comes close to the spirit of this build! You have scored major props for this ride.

You also have stolen one of my votes. Dang You KutNhack.

Appropriate that your seat tube says Grand Champion.
I am loving this build.

Thanks for the props again you guys. It's cool that you are liking my style. Sometimes I feel way outside the box but I'm building this bike to please me first. Any others that like it, is just the icing on the cake. Any votes for Mash Banger will be sweeter yet.

Went to a cooper repousse workshop yesterday and pounded out a winged wheel design. Took six hours for the process from a sheet of copper to the finished design. The metal artist Laura Parker (Rusty) hosted the workshop at her gallery in Sacramento. She was the welder on the Monster Garage episode at the King's (Richard Petty Enterprises) shop where a stockcar was turned into a highspeed street sweeper. Rusty rolls in a flat black Corvette powered 1934 Dodge pickup. Very cool to know this gal.
WignedWheel001.jpg
WignedWheel002.jpg
You might see this ending up on a future build.

No work done on Mashie-missed 1 day.

Mash Banger has been at The Vulture's for a little art work. I guess you could call it non-epidermal tattooing. We will just have to wait and see what the "V" man comes up with.

I'm going through withdrawals not having Mashie around. Deadline for Behind Bars Sunny Side Up show is next Sunday. RRB#6 as you know is Monday the 1st. It's crash and burn time around here. How bout you guys not yet finished. I'll be taking it right up to the last minute.

No work done on Mashie-missed 2 days.

But The Vulture is making up for it so missed 0 days.

Should have new photos tomorrow on Monday so keep posted.

This has got to be one of the coolest things in the build-off :mrgreen:

Man, I am so blessed. I always try to hang around with people smarter than me and maybe a little lucky to have an artists as friends. The Vulture laid lines on Mash Banger and brought this creation to a whole new level. I'm drooling and can't believe I own this rolling sculpture. The photos do not do this striping and artwork any justice. For those who ask, yes this is all hand painted and done by Sacramento's own The Vulture. I think I'm going to start calling "V" man Ray Von Vulture. Yeah I like that, Ray Von Vulture. Enjoy the photos boys and girls. See ya at the finish line.
MBStriped001.jpg
MBStriped002.jpg
MBStriped013.jpg
MBStriped003.jpg
MBStriped004.jpg
MBStriped005.jpg
MBStriped006.jpg
MBStriped008.jpg
MBStriped009.jpg
MBStriped010.jpg
MBStriped011.jpg

Totaly diggin this thing, Ray !,, definatly one of the front runners , Great work !

~ Ralph

the straight line work was all done in CHAMOIS, and a custom mixed green that I got from 2 parts CHROME YELLOW and 1 part EMERALD GREEN :mrgreen: . I call it "gang-green" :wink:

I had allot of fun painting on the Banger this weekend! I could sit and stare at this bike for hours!
glad you like my work Brother.

good luck to you and all the great builds here in BO#6!

OK YA ALREADY GOT MY VOTE SO STOP WITH DA BUILDIN' AND DA STRIPPING AND DA WELDIN'(IN THE JERRY LEWIS VOICE) ALREADY!!! :mrgreen: GET TA FINISHIN'!!! PEACE

Thanks you guys.

Mash Bangers going on a road trip to San Jose to enter it's first show at Behind Bar's Shinny Side Up. We'll be hob knobbin with INB, Wise Guy and Hard Luck. How cool is that to have four build off bikes at one show. I'll try to get a shot of all four contenders together and maybe the builders also in the pics.

Awesome road trip to Shiny Side Up in San Jose. Check it out in the events thread. While we were setting up a nice gal came over from the motorbike booth and asked me if I would start Mash Banger, huh? I guess the faux motor on Mashie is pretty convincing. We all got a chuckle from that. I think she was a little embareassed. Spelling error? I think not.

Mike S. was taking photos of Mashie while I was taking candid photos of Mike S. A few shots that didn't make the finished thread.
ShinnySideUp2011013.jpg
ShinnySideUp2011012.jpg
ShinnySideUp2011011.jpg
ShinnySideUp2011010.jpg
ShinnySideUp2011009.jpg
ShinnySideUp2011008.jpg
ShinnySideUp2011007.jpg
ShinnySideUp2011006.jpg
ShinnySideUp2011005.jpg
This was shot at San Jose History Park. There were a bunch of historical buildings and this was the gas station were I filled up on faux gas and oil.

Kuttnhack said:
While we were setting up a nice gal came over from the motorbike booth and asked me if I would start Mash Banger, huh? I guess the faux motor on Mashie is pretty convincing. We all got a chuckle from that.

That is too funny!

I am baffled that Mash didn't get more votes.
It was an easy vote from me.

Still one of my favorite RRB builds ever!!!
Have you ridden her lately?

Way to go Rafael!

Yes , a guy answers one of my craiglist adds looking for bikes and parts ,after a while
of talking he asked me if I was interested in trades ,he takes me to his van to show what he has to trade and lo and behold ,there sits "MashBanger " To make a long story Short I gave him Rays Number he returned it too him . he turned out to be a nice guy and just bought from the wrong Bike dealer ....

~RafaeL~

Build off inspiration bump.
One of the coolest builds on RRB!!
Kuttnhack's Mash Banger rocks!!!!
MBStriped002.jpg

Latest posts

Back