Matti need Kona help FAST!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattiThundrrr

Rattus All Terrainus
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys, this just got listed
ad_1588089791668.jpg

Note the lack of rim brakes or disks. Yes, gen 1 26" chromo Humuhumunukunukua'pua! For a decent ish price! Seller lists it as a small. Anyone familiar enough with Humu or mid ninties Kona know if that is indeed a small, and how would a small fit a 5'9" rider? I don't want this to get away!

I've been scouring the web for pics to compare to, where the top tubes are in comparison to the wheels, but the switch to niner isn't helping!

Thanks guys, I got in touch with the seller, I'm about fourth in line.:mad:
I think the one I am looking at is older, it has a coaster, and no bosses for rim brakes. It is the first generation, I don't know if that adds to value or anything. I'm not sure if I'd rather the v brakes.
The Z-link was not loved.

Yeah once the seller got in contact with me, he confirmed it was an 18" frame. Perfect. Also informed me that I was about fourth in line. Perfect. A few hours later, he informed me that it was sold. It wasn't in the $50 range, but I was already building a life for us in my head...
So now I'm telling myself I'd be happier with one that has v brakes anyway.

Yup. One of my grail bikes. Because I hesitated.

As an aside, it's a Kona avalanche up here. Another seller listed an 08 Kula. Less than $150. There was no hesitation on that particular one. Then the ad disappeared. And reappeared. Exactly the same pictures, different seller, now $600. I'll snag a Kona eventually

And I've been thinking about that FutureShock. Maybe... What's better than a P2? 2P2s? P2²? Lol I remember reading an interview with the company founders, still owners, btw. There were a few if the original designers too, and they seemed to think the z link system was one of their worst ideas. But it does look pretty cool

kona fddjsrzfcmczvkgcvsbvdjfyjdvhdjxj dbzbzvxbxb hcjchj

Latest posts

Back