(MBBO#04 Class 1) Craigslist score Spyder 500

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Too late to enter this build off, but can't wait to start working on this $40 craigslist find. I bought it for the handlebars. And the double top bars. And the drum brake. And the rear fender. And because I'm a 67-year-old teenager. Any ideas on what to do with this wild thing?
20151106_151503_zpsht3lvceb.jpg

Jump on in and have some fun with it. +If you post it on the Muscle bike forum somebody might be able to tell what it is. Does it have a name on it or anything? Nothing like I've ever seen but that's not saying much. Cool looking bike.

Jump on in and have some fun with it. +If you post it on the Muscle bike forum somebody might be able to tell what it is. Does it have a name on it or anything? Nothing like I've ever seen but that's not saying much. Cool looking bike.
Sears Spyder 500 I believe...

Luke.

I should have known that one. I thought the Spiders all had the Spaceliner looking frame. Lot of these bikes are new to me.
I'm with you there Chad. I only go by general frame shapes and if it's rusty....never get down to the "species" level of I.D. :grin:

Dug out some parts and supplies today. So far, the seat has made the cut. Not sure about the others. Dug up some parts today. So far, only the seat made the cut. Gave up on the five-speed drum brake hub (it has some issues) and I'm going with a 1940-something coaster brake rear wheel with an old, cracked vintage tire. Also leaning toward truss rods (I have 24 inchers!) I never meant to do this, but that darn $40 bike came along.
IMG_0223%202_zpsffxkhd55.jpg

Latest posts

Back