(MBBO#04 Class 1) Stormtrooper Rollin' Again

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this thing finished, but I'm having a heck of a time trying to upload photos. I can't get them to load directly like I normally do, and I can't get into my flickr account. I don't know what the deal is, but I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Here's the sprocket with decal
The grips and chain as well

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

OK, so I got that figured out.
Here's my failed attempt at lightsabre-ish stuff.

IMG_0004a.JPG

IMG_0005a.JPG

Looks great. You can def tell it's a Storm Trooper. Looks like you might need a 1/2 link on the chain? If it's new it might stretch enough to where you can take a whole one out.

Looks great. You can def tell it's a Storm Trooper. Looks like you might need a 1/2 link on the chain? If it's new it might stretch enough to where you can take a whole one out.
Yea, this thing gave me nothing but fits in the end. I just couldn't get the wheel lined up any better, I may put a different tire on there. This frame wasn't meant for a 20x3.

Bike came out great! I bet it is a fun ride too!

Luke.

Oh man, as long as I keep both hands on the grips I'm good. I let go of one side to see if I could turn on the lights while riding, this thing has a crazy wobble. I think I need to rebuild the rear hub.

Oh man, as long as I keep both hands on the grips I'm good. I let go of one side to see if I could turn on the lights while riding, this thing has a crazy wobble. I think I need to rebuild the rear hub.
It could be a little to do with the extra trail caused by the curved fork, makes it more like a bent springer geometry and they can be a handful...

Luke.

Love the sprocket, Huffy SS build has kinda turned into a Stromtrooper my 8 year old son said it looked kinda like one. So I ordered some decals once seat and decals come in late this week will finish it off. Have same decal for chain guard. Promise did not try and steal idea. Luke pointed out to me that there were 2 Stormtroopers build now. Hopefully mine turns out to be as nice as yours.

Love the sprocket, Huffy SS build has kinda turned into a Stromtrooper my 8 year old son said it looked kinda like one. So I ordered some decals once seat and decals come in late this week will finish it off. Have same decal for chain guard. Promise did not try and steal idea. Luke pointed out to me that there were 2 Stormtroopers build now. Hopefully mine turns out to be as nice as yours.

That's cool, can't wait to see how yours comes out. Don't even worry about stealing the idea, Darth Vader had millions of soldiers ready to fight for the empire.

Yea, this thing gave me nothing but fits in the end. I just couldn't get the wheel lined up any better, I may put a different tire on there. This frame wasn't meant for a 20x3.

I'll bet a 1/2 link would get you where you need to be. You can also tweak that rear sprocket size if you have some different ones.

Bike looks great though. Another awesome build from the Ohio crew..:thumbsup:

I'll bet a 1/2 link would get you where you need to be. You can also tweak that rear sprocket size if you have some different ones.

Bike looks great though. Another awesome build from the Ohio crew..:thumbsup:
Yea, I'm sure the half link will fix the chain sag. But the rear wheel isn't true, so it rubs the light wire a little. Since the lights didn't work as I hoped, I'll take them off and should be fine. I'll get a half link when I take this thing to my LBS, they've been wanting to see it.

You ever tried truing a rim? This would be a great one to start with since it's pretty much in a truing stand. You just tighten to pull it the direction you want and/or loosen to let it go that way. Should be easy for the LBS to do it while you're there but grab yourself a spoke wrench to play with.

Latest posts

Back