(MBBO#05 Class 1) 1965 Columbia Playboy 88

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I found this on craigslist about a year ago and been keeping it in my basement until had the time. Looks like the time is now!

IMG_2709.JPG

Looks good from a distance but up close is another story.
IMG_2710.JPG
IMG_2711.JPG
IMG_2712.JPG
IMG_2713.JPG
IMG_2714.JPG
IMG_2720.JPG
IMG_2722.JPG

But it looks like it should clean up good. Rust isn't tooooo bad. I wiped a small area of the frame today with some water on my finger. The paint underneath all the dirt looks amazing!!!!
IMG_2716.JPG

Will be watching this one - as I have it's twin in the shop, buried.
Mine is missing the guard :(, did find one I bought an entire girls convertable bike to aquire - any chance while you have it apart you could scan the guard lettering ? ;)

Really cool ride here, hope to see more of it soon.

furyus

Will be watching this one - as I have it's twin in the shop, buried.
Mine is missing the guard :(, did find one I bought an entire girls convertable bike to aquire - any chance while you have it apart you could scan the guard lettering ? ;)
Stop on by my post in Muscle Bikes " A tale of two Columbias " My gold Playboy needs a guard also. It's not the 88 though because it has the regular fork. I'm going to need a decal some day too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

playboy.jpg
Sorry I am dragging on this rebuild guys. Getting the ol gentrification boot out of my current commercial space and having to move my sign shop and bike stuff into a new studio. Should be getting to this towards the end of the month. In the meantime here is a page from a Columbia flyer I got at Trexlertown.

Latest posts

Back