(MBBO#05 Class 2) GET SMART!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're reading too much into my motivation! :bigsmile:

Well I know there's always a plan. I like the stem though...should have said lower the stem.

WOW the seat stays/top tubes on that frame are COOL. Don't remember getting a good look at those.

Is that a full size (18 inch) Person's seat on there? Never knew those tennie shoe looking ones were Person's.

Will we be getting a wheelie vid? Wheelie bar is looking pretty functional.

You're reading too much into my motivation! :bigsmile:
I actually tracked down the long stem for the same reason that the guys Luke educated us on did. I was just looking for a way to get the bars higher. It's such a short little frame that it just seemed logical. I don't really like the extreme apes. I'm hoping that I can find some bars that are a few inches taller at the upcoming AVBS swap meet (Also hoping to find a 24" ducktail fender). If not, I may be able to get the stem a little deeper in the fork. No plans for cutting it!

Today was clean up day.

The frame had some unnecessary cable guides, the new fork's brake bosses had to go and there were more than a dozen holes in the wheelie bars and sissy bar that had to be welded shut. All of that was followed by filing and sanding.
I may sand and prime everything while it's apart, but I still need to wait about painting until I make a decision on the fenders and one other part.
View attachment 37679
Jim,
What size ape is on there now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim,
What size ape is on there now?
I'm not sure how you measure them, but I stood it straight up on the floor and it measured 13.5" to the highest point that rolls over for the hand grips.

Just a reminder of where this bike started.
article_SmartBike2.jpg

It's now an X SmartBike DC! ;)
smartbike.jpg

Last edited:
Is that a full size (18 inch) Person's seat on there? Never knew those tennie shoe looking ones were Person's.

Will we be getting a wheelie vid? Wheelie bar is looking pretty functional.
Sorry about the delay, I forgot to measure the seat until tonight. It's 16". I probably would've preferred an 18" but it was already in my stash so it got the job.
And yes, I'll get a wheelie vid but my skill level will not impress!:bigsmile::blackeye:

I think I'm done with modifying parts.
O.K., maybe not. That could change depending on what I find at the AVBS swap meet. But for now, I'm done.:happy:

I'll leave the latest and last piece of the puzzle for your imagination until the final assembly but will offer a hint.:wink1:

Would you believe that there is already a photo of it with another bike in an earlier episode of RatRodBikes build offs?
960543674.jpg

Latest posts

Back