(MBBO#05 Class 2) GET SMART!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With that, the last piece has gotta be the chain guard.. i wonder which one has a mounting point that far forward.
Love this thing!
Is guessing a chainguard mount too easy? Maybe there is something else planned!

Luke.
That was the easy clue. Yes it's a chain guard.:grin:
I tried every chain guard in my stash but this one really harmonized with the frame the best (IMO).

So that's the unknown... which guard is it?
Of course no one could know what guards I have. But just for fun, I'm holding out in case someone is bored just enough to look through my other build off bikes to find it.:21:

It's a spy theme, there has to be some mystery right?:bandit:
images

That was the easy clue. Yes it's a chain guard.:grin:
I tried every chain guard in my stash but this one really harmonized with the frame the best (IMO).

So that's the unknown... which guard is it?
Of course no one could know what guards I have. But just for fun, I'm holding out in case someone is bored just enough to look through my other build off bikes to find it.:21:

It's a spy theme, there has to be some mystery right?:bandit:
images

:).......:39:

Are you finally using that old saw guard?

What's that Falstaff?

I don't remember what build it was posted in, but TRM has a vintage table saw blade guard he's been wanting to use.
I figure maybe that's the plan here.
I hope so!
I kind of remember that....but which build.....hmmmm..:39:
It was a build-off build, not sure if it was the main one or not...

Luke.

Sorry Jim, crowding your post. But, that saw guard is cool.
Nah, it's all in good fun! Like I said from the start, I'm not taking this bike too seriously, just playing around.:)

Just so you know, it's not the saw guard. I did try it but it lost out.
maxwell_smart.jpg

Who ever guesses it right will get a prize in the mail.:113:

Was it shown in a previous build, or did you get the original guard from KF and you're trying to throw us off?:39:o_O

Winner! That was the original guard on the Raceliner!
Lancer.jpg

Unfortunately someone had whacked it up in the past so some surgery was required while I sorted out the mounting points. More on that later.

@Chad T , PM me with your mailing address for your prize. @Falstaff , send yours also because I feel guilty for wasting half of your off day.
:forum::giggle:

View attachment 38457

Unfortunately someone had whacked it up in the past so some surgery was required while I sorted out the mounting points. More on that later.

@Chad T , PM me with your mailing address for your prize. @Falstaff , send yours also because I feel guilty for wasting half of your off day.

HAHAHAHAHA
I appreciate that, but it's not necessary. It was my day to waste.
Just remember me during voting.:thumbsup:

Thank you!!!...PM sent...:)

This was a fun search. I actually got lucky because I had the idea to use one of the pointy Spaceliner guards for a Muscle bike so I remembered the Raceliner was a Spaceliner and checked the before pic. Not the guard I was thinking of but looked like a good choice.

This toilet seat hinge truss fork in The Southern Flyer thread was worth the look....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

100_5481_zps435120bc.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you!!!...PM sent...:)

This was a fun search. I actually got lucky because I had the idea to use one of the pointy Spaceliner guards for a Muscle bike so I remembered the Raceliner was a Spaceliner and checked the before pic. Not the guard I was thinking of but looked like a good choice.

This toilet seat truss fork in The Southern Flyer thread was worth the look....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

100_5481_zps435120bc.jpg
Yea, there's some pretty creative stuff.
I'm curious tho, whatever became of the MX build before southern flyer?

Thanks y'all.
...I'm curious tho, whatever became of the MX build before southern flyer?
Ah yes, the Yamaha. It's mostly pilled up in a corner collecting dust. I used the crank and the DuelDrive hub on the Columbia Commuter.

Latest posts

Back