(MBBO#05 Class 2) GET SMART!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a taller stem today from American Vintage Bicycle Supply!
9e3433efb277fd1a6bd9969df6c45396.jpg

cool :thumbsup: iam curious ,does the tube is made thicker than a standard one ?:39:
Ive used plumping pipe no issue i think was 3/4 inch.. its id messured. Could also prolly sleave it with a tube if really wanted go overkill. Tube id is always funky cause is od messured and depends on wall thinkness. I just take a piece and a round file to debur drop cuts at my local steel yard.

Here's the tall stem on the bike.
101_1824.jpg

I'm not completely sure if I like the look yet. However, it does improve the wheelie factor!:)

cool :thumbsup: iam curious ,does the tube is made thicker than a standard one ?:39:
I will check that and let you know. I didn't pay attention to it before I put it on the bike.

Here's the tall stem on the bike.
View attachment 34238

I'm not completely sure if I like the look yet. However, it does improve the wheelie factor!:)

I will check that and let you know. I didn't pay attention to it before I put it on the bike.
I like the look of that seat allot! kinda match the faded paint on the frame too :thumbsup:

I like the look of that seat allot! kinda match the faded paint on the frame too :thumbsup:
It reminds me of the tennis shoes back in the 70's.
mBE7L4IphEXM86qEGR8m7Lw.jpg

It will probably get recovered in black leather.

Are you going to stick with the "natural" two tone fade paint job? :)

I checked it against a couple of generic stems and it seems to be pretty much the same (as best that I can tell).

While I was measuring things, here's another view of the frame and a couple of measurements for you @LukeTheJoker .
I didn't take the time to put graphics over the photo, but the two top tubes are 3/4" O.D. and are straight from front to rear. They start at the head tube touching each other and spread apart all the way to the drop outs. Where they intersect the seat tube, the measurement across from outside to outside is just under 4" (3 15/16"). At the end where they weld to the drop outs the outside width is 5 3/8".
101_1826.jpg

***I'm looking for a 24" duck tail fender if anyone can help!***

I checked it against a couple of generic stems and it seems to be pretty much the same (as best that I can tell).

While I was measuring things, here's another view of the frame and a couple of measurements for you @LukeTheJoker .
I didn't take the time to put graphics over the photo, but the two top tubes are 3/4" O.D. and are straight from front to rear. They start at the head tube touching each other and spread apart all the way to the drop outs. Where they intersect the seat tube, the measurement across from outside to outside is just under 4" (3 15/16"). At the end where they weld to the drop outs the outside width is 5 3/8".
View attachment 34313

***I'm looking for a 24" duck tail fender if anyone can help!***
Check this out Jim. Not a bad price for a full set...I'm sure you can find use for the other fender in the future!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BICYCLE-FEN...546470?hash=item230fa85926:g:nuEAAOxyJ59RGYtF

Check this out Jim. Not a bad price for a full set...I'm sure you can find use for the other fender in the future!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BICYCLE-FEN...546470?hash=item230fa85926:g:nuEAAOxyJ59RGYtF
Thanks, I've looked at those ePay fenders but I just can't justify $55 for one fender that most likely has cheap Chinese chrome. I'm sort of leaning toward a painted fender anyway if I can find one. I've still got time to look farther at this point.
Where'd you find that seat?...it matches perfectly with the bike colors....very cool
:dance2:
Franco
It was in my stash. It's a NOS Troxel but the nose has a chunk of vinyl and foam missing thanks to some teething rodents.:mad:
It's a true 'rat' bike seat.:21: The colors are similar for now, but none of them will be on the finished bike.

Last edited:
It was in my stash. It's a NOS Troxel but the nose has a chunk of vinyl and foam missing thanks to some teething rodents.:mad: It's a true 'rat' bike seat.:21: The colors are similar for now said:
Oh...I see, I read a little back and forth and couldn't really tell if you were gonna keep the colors or not.....
I really like that stem you put on there...after I did my mock up today, I think...I'm not sure, but I think by the time I get the seat on I'm gonna need more ht. on the bars....
:happy:

F

Did I miss an episode of 'Get Smart'? Or hasn't the new season started yet? :nerd:
No new progress. I've been at the beach in Florida since last Friday. Hopefully I can get something started soon.

Thanks, I've looked at those ePay fenders but I just can't justify $55 for one fender that most likely has cheap Chinese chrome. I'm sort of leaning toward a painted fender anyway if I can find one. I've still got time to look farther at this point.
if your gonna paint it , iam sure you have the skills to make one out of a 26'' regular fender in a few hours , just by bending it to a smaller radius, hammering the end of it into a duck tail and drilling the braces shorter

Latest posts

Back