(MBBO#05 Class 2) GET SMART!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say c'mon c'mon c'mon...
I love watching your builds.
But I am currently enjoying the fact that my Lincoln has temporarily passed you up in views. ;)

Carl.

if your gonna paint it , iam sure you have the skills to make one out of a 26'' regular fender in a few hours , just by bending it to a smaller radius, hammering the end of it into a duck tail and drilling the braces shorter
I've thought about doing something like that with a basic 24" fender.

I would say c'mon c'mon c'mon...
I love watching your builds.
But I am currently enjoying the fact that my Lincoln has temporarily passed you up in views. ;)

Carl.
As it should be, that's a cool little bike.:cool2:

I'm not sure how this one is 6 pages deep already and I've only shown basic mock-ups.:confused:

It's called BO-11 hangover. Everybody wants to see what the winner builds next. I believe Schick called it 'the winner's edge'......
Yeah, I get that. Unfortunately this build is not going to be anywhere near as involved as the Decoluxe.:whew:

Since today starts the second month, I suppose it's time to get a little bit more done.

Maxwell Smart had many repurposed common every day items, so it seems fitting to bring a pop up chair into the build.:bandit:
Pop-Up Chair.jpg

*This image is from the web and is slightly different from the one I'm using.

Last edited:
Here's another angle.
101_1991.jpg

The two chain guard tabs will be cut off and reused on the bottom of the chain stays for bolting the bottom bars to. After I get it properly mounted, I'll figure out the best way to mount a wheel.

I've been thinking about muscle car colors. Since this is going to be a modern muscle bike, I decided on a modern muscle car for inspiration.

If I can get a match for the color, I'm going with Go Mango Orange with some satin black mixed in.:)
Dodge-GoMango3.jpg
A buddy of mine just ordered the exact same go mango orange Hellcat. Can't wait to take it for a spin.

Cool! Like how it goes with the flow of the frame.
Thanks! It was pure luck that it flows so well. I didn't alter the pieces at all.
Does it pop up into a beach chair once you hit the coastline?
That's a good idea.:bigsmile:
A buddy of mine just ordered the exact same go mango orange Hellcat. Can't wait to take it for a spin.
That's a great looking car!

I cut the tabs off and did another mock up with the bike sitting on the ground to see how it will all fit together. I'm liking it!
101_1998.jpg
101_2001.jpg

The wheel is from a scooter.

Part of the reason for the latest mock up was to check the wheel position on the wheelie bar. It's not just for looks, I plan to use it! So I needed to check the wheelie position to see if it looks right for riding.
I used the photo from above to check the position and also to play with the paint scheme just a little.

Smart wheelie.jpg

In this position it is just above 30 degrees. Does anyone know what the optimum position would be?

30° looks a bit to much, I'd think somewhere between 20-25°.
I added the seat and bars for a better representation of riding position.
Here's 30°, 25° and 20°.
wheelie 2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back