(MBBO#05 CLASS 2) - Sassy - Finished - Round 2.5, riding strong!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great photo!
Thank You, almost didnt catch this one, was on the ground under the bike to not be in the sunset sun on the bike.
Looks like it rides really nicely!

Luke.
Rides really smooth. Can bunny hop it about 12" up. Gonna be a new favorite in my stable!

Figuring out the pressure and nuances of the ballons i am riding on. They corner differently, kinda like a wrinkle wall drag tire.

At least it wasn't somebody in the dark :shake:

Its always better to see a light at the end of the tunnel than not :),
Jason
So true. Usually there is a bit of water in the tunnel that i can chase the end reflection and ride next to it all the way thru. My buddy paul turned on his light just before he found the wall, I was glad he did...

Last years bike, TorRed is my vegas tunnel runner. Its probably got about 40 miles of tunnel riding on it last winter. I rescued a lost/abandoned bike out of one tunnel. Put it on torreds handle bars and rode it for about 7 miles. There is a city under the city in places here, from the homeless population. People would really be surprised.

For the build, I decided i needed a kick stand, so i cut a piece of rod in half and whacked it with the hammer a bunch of times and painted it up with some plastidip .

A slightly different front pick than previously posted

A little video. Easy on the uphill, fun on the dowhhill...

Bounced over something in the dark...

Cool vid. Those tunnels beneath the tunnels in Vegas...interesting it's where thousands of people 'live' ...especially when the town crashed several years ago.....
love that bike great stance nice fatties
:thumbsup:
franco

Had a bit if a wreck on saturday. Front tire came off while heavy braking ,slowing down for some bighorn sheep. Banged up my knee a bit and shoulders sore, but walked away without much pain and not much lost blood. (Cut my finger on the broken spoke...)

Broke a spoke, bent another. Forks bent as they hit the ground and wrapped around that spoke that broke. Had to adjust spacer placement to get home.

The rear drivetrain was safe, the 10 ball and my gloves took the brunt 20 foot skid...

Forks banged against the frame.

And while i was working it, the bike fell into a pole and dinged the top tube...

Sanded it down and bondo'd up the damage.

Almost ready for paint.

Still gotta figure what todo about the fork repair... may melt in some fill. Will see this weekend. Back to riding by sunday is the plan.

Paint went on about 4:30. Much better depth this time... plus, no top bar ding looking right at me.

Used the exact same method, but was outta flat white. Used gloss white instead.

Layed white, then sprinkled and spritzed it with some silver and gold instead of nickel this time.

Then re-layed a couple thick coats of gloss.

Will be back to new again in no time. Paint will look the same. Except a little gold in the sun

Just cant rouch up one ding like that and have it look right.

Quick turn around!
Have you figured out what caused it?

Disc brakes mounted behind the fork can actually pull the wheel out of the fork on heavy braking, maybe fitting some of those safety hook washers might be a good idea?

Luke.

Quick turn around!
Have you figured out what caused it?

Disc brakes mounted behind the fork can actually pull the wheel out of the fork on heavy braking, maybe fitting some of those safety hook washers might be a good idea?

Luke.
That is exactly what caused it. Simple physics. Brake 50 times, loosened it enuff for it to come out and the newtons would be in counter clockwise direction.

5/8 tabbed hook washers will be on it as a safety measure for sure. I was thinking about building a second disc brake bracket. It woud be a thru bracket instead of a bolt in for the axle, which would aso solve it.
10 ball.. side pocket, off the rail.
Glad your alright, dude.
Thanks KJV, me too.

My buddy was amazed i walked away without much damage to myself. He said, when he wrecks on the hill, it takes him weeks to recover, and me, i have my wheel fall off at 20mph on cement, sliding 20 feet on my hands and bike, and then take it apart to fix it, bolt it back together and finish the run..

I guess I had enuff practice wrecking all the time as a kid, perhaps I learned how to wreck with minimal damage as an adult.. o_0

Good job surviving the crash. Sounds like a dousey. Get that brake sorted. I remember when mounting the caliper on my Panther I wanted it grabbing the front of the disc instead of the top because of the horizontal dropouts.

Glad to hear you didn't get too banged up in the crash!

Here's what may be a stupid question: was the wheel appropriately laced for disc brakes? I forget the terminology/names of spoke patterns, but I know that traditional lace patterns can come apart if used on disc brake wheels.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you didn't get too banged up in the crash!

Here's what may be a stupid question: was the wheel appropriately laced for disc brakes? I forget the terminology/names of spoke patterns, but I know that traditional lace patterns can come apart if used on disc brake wheels.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Thanks, They look like the had the shimano cross pattern. I assume it was laced correctly for the discs, they came laced and trued from the manufacturer.
Good job surviving the crash. Sounds like a dousey. Get that brake sorted. I remember when mounting the caliper on my Panther I wanted it grabbing the front of the disc instead of the top because of the horizontal dropouts.
Thanks Chad, I have my brackets designed for under, which explains the wheel escaping. Found a suitable piece of stainless for a new one. Will cut on it soon.

A table full of fun.

I was assessing the damage watching paint dry earlier this week and came to the conclusion, those tubes are shot. One is buckled, waiting to break.

Soooo, i found Bikeberry had a sale on green line springers... came a day earlier than expected. Awesome find. FYI This frame started as a green line... the crown stands a couple inch taller. Tapered tubes top and bottom. Very cool!

That widened crown compared to the regular...

And when i assembled it, I narrowed it. Not going any wider on the tire, so 4" is wide enuff. Will need to shorten the bolt. Solid, Square, parallel lines. Worked perfectly in the changeover. Thise twisted rods are shot, so liking the new ones.

And, i redesigned the brackets. One thru, the other slighly beefier. They didnt bend in the wreck, but will be a better bike after i am done.

Smart changes, liking it!

Luke.
[emoji106] Me too.

Still gotta drill the holes tomorrow. Press is out and ready, as is polishing wheel...

That oughta keep the wheel in there. Like the change to the non-twisted..[emoji106]
I am liking the non twisted as well. Looks crisper to me.

I also think I am keeping those shiny outer spacers. Liking them.

I fixed the 10 ball. I was out of that super gloss, used clear engine paint after sanding out the damage.

Now that its back together again, just a look, or catch it outta the corner of my eye, and I want to ride...

Oh!, its finally fall in Vegas...

Latest posts

Back