(MBBO#05 Class 2) The Kim Rae

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought you only had to met 2 of 3 criteria... U have the wheels and apes covered:).. good to here it's coming along ahe needs something to ride when u pull out the chopper:grin:

Check out my old buddy real Ralph, he is an amazing pinhead!! He still has stuff I gave him to stripe 15 years ago cause I'd just drop so mutch stuff off and never got round to making my mind up
RealRalph.com I think it's all the Kim Rea needs to wrap it up:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Tell him aren sent you and prepare for stories of when I was a new kid starting out!

I put the cruiser seat leftover from my Kona chopper back on and she took off with the bike. Still stuck in first gear and no brakes and she went tooling the neighborhood for 15 minutes or so.

Well banana or no banana if she likes it and it makes her want to go for a ride then it's a home run....:41:...let us see the final product though. It's a cool bike.

How was Santa Cruz this weekend?
We signed up for the metric but onlydid the 30. She was having back pain on Saturday. I thought lets forget the ride but she insisted on going. Itfollowed the pacific coast bicycle trail south from the santa cruz courthouse through every beach until la selva. It went up across 1 and followed the freeway access roads up to aptos where we took soquel drive therest of the way back. Nothing too strenuous.

I thought you only had to met 2 of 3 criteria... U have the wheels and apes covered:).. good to here it's coming along ahe needs something to ride when u pull out the chopper:grin:
Nope, thats how it used to be but its 3 outta 3 now. No worries, its still a fun bike. And its much easier to ride than the chopper

Well banana or no banana if she likes it and it makes her want to go for a ride then it's a home run....:41:...let us see the final product though. It's a cool bike.
Yep, I agree with Chad. And a final pic of the finished product will be cool!

It is a real shame that the new 2 out of 2 rules have caused a problem for you, but it sounds like she likes the bike, so that is a win!

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Luke.

It is a real shame that the new 2 out of 2 rules have caused a problem for you, but it sounds like she likes the bike, so that is a win!

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Luke.
Im not too worried, i had a lot of leftover parts to put this together. The main thing is that she wants to go on bike party rides with it. I do have a short banana seat available if anyone needs one

That's turning into a great looking LaJolla!

Found my ipad in a pile of magazines i put away

I only have one day off this weekend and wont be going home. Will get pics on my next block of two days off of the the la jolla

Scored a girls spaceliner last night. Im slowly experimenting with a lot of old parts for next summers build off. No direction or theme, just trying different combos. There will definitely be some cutting, drilling and bending when it comes time for the build.

The guy i got the spaceliner from had a frickin museum of old ballooners. I have to go back and learn what things are. He had at least 30 of the craziest bikes ive ever seen and parts galore

Ok folks, its late and Ive had too many margaritas but.......

The seat is on that came on a Spaceliner and she loves it. I have matching grips that I have to clean up. I added a little bit of chain and now the brake arm from the wheel lines up with the brake arm clamp on the frame. I shimmed the bottom of the fender so it keeps an even contour to the wheel. The anodized pink pedals and chainring bolts are on but dont show well in this pic. I have brake and shifter cables but not in the mood tonight. For now, Enjoy.

Sorry for the dark picture, its a gloomy day in Hollister. The shifter and brake cables are on so it will go and stop. Still needs a new front tire and a few small things. Will get some better pics when its finished

Latest posts

Back