(MBBO#05 Class II) 53' Lincoln Rug Burn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meringue huh? Hmm, now ya got me thinking about switching that yellow to white. Mmm, meringue... White Hot fade to Lime ice top it off with Duplicolor effex clearcoat (I love that stuff!) for that multi-fleck of color in the sunlight.
Time for a :eek: repaint...
and wheelie bars... gotta get on them wheelie bars too!

Carl.

Meringue huh? Hmm, now ya got me thinking about switching that yellow to white. Mmm, meringue... White Hot fade to Lime ice top it off with Duplicolor effex clearcoat (I love that stuff!) for that multi-fleck of color in the sunlight.
Time for a :eek: repaint...
and wheelie bars... gotta get on them wheelie bars too!

Carl.
I'm drooling....
lime-sponge-pie.jpg

I've been trying (and failing) to get a good picture of the Testors lime ice, it's really a nice microflake! So I'm getting ready to go out to the garage for some mineral spirit rubbing on the front half of the bike. I'm pretty sure there is some green that is lighter from overlapping the yellow. I'll be taking that off too. I have plenty of the lime, so my plan for tonight is to get the yellow off the frame which will then probably require some re-primering, but the end result will be cleaner. Primer, white, lime ice, and then color effex clear. Tonight's just strip and re-prime.

Carl.

ok here's the edit:
Yellow came off fine, primer went right back on too.
How did I miss the Mantis when I was looking for green bikes?

Last edited:
Soaked in lemon juice for about an hour.
ed641a46804d3145d04184209503f12e.jpg

Debating on some silver and gold sharpie work...

Carl.

sent from a banana phone...
Was it mostly old paint on the badge Carl, or rust? "Soak in lemon juice for 1 hour"...adding to my recipe book for rat rod restoration:forum:

Yeah buddy that's what I'm talking about! (And why I searched for the right color) a cut and paste montage with the finished bikes might be cool ...

Carl.

sent from a banana phone...

Latest posts

Back