(MBBO#05 Class II) 53' Lincoln Rug Burn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's about 90% stripped. Now I've reached a real dilemma, color or black. The Marlon Brando Wild Ones MC vibe is screaming paint it black! But I'm also dreaming of Luke's speedboat glitter...

Carl.

But I'm also dreaming of Luke's speedboat glitter...

Carl.

Here it is, just select '0.015' size:
https://www.paintwithpearl.com/shop...hic-prism-flake/gold-holographic-metal-flake/

This is the color I would do it, and it is a cheaper option (non holographic):
https://www.paintwithpearl.com/shop/metal-flakes/lime-gold-metal-flake-limetreuse/

Just remember that I did mine in the largest size flake (0.015") pretty sure that would not work through a normal spray gun, there are however many do it yourself versions of the 'dry flake gun' that would be cheap to make. (I wish I found those designs before I spent over $100 on my gun)

I will be using 0.004 'micronic' this time, just for something different, apparently it works fine through a standard gun mixed into the clear too, so that may be an option, just don't expect the huge flash like the 0.015 'Bass boat'...

Luke.

I just can't do lime.
Would James Dean ride a lime bike?
No! But I think a nice black fade to silver might be pretty cool. (in glitter) Problem is I've never sprayed anything thru a gun, let alone heavy glitter...

Carl

sent from a crowded phonebooth...

It's pretty simple, here is a video of a homemade flake gun made from just an air blow gun:

Bear in mind, the bigger the flake, the more clear you need to put over it to get it all flat again!

Watching that video, I wonder if you didn't have a compressor you could do the clear with spray cans and use a computer air blow can to apply the flake? :39:

Luke.

COOL! I have a blow gun and an airbrush... doesn't SEEM so hard. I actually have a decent spray gun too, but have never used it.

Carl.

I just can't do lime.
Would James Dean ride a lime bike?
No! But I think a nice black fade to silver might be pretty cool. (in glitter) Problem is I've never sprayed anything thru a gun, let alone heavy glitter...

Carl

He'd definitely ride a silver bike.

I'd also like to find a little chrome tank to fit this,
or quite possibly a half tank...

Carl.

Playing with paint.net
Lincoln Spitfire.jpg

Carl.

Last edited:
Got it stripped and checking out the pullback bars.
cae5e218c688a363ce52f0413122e6d3.jpg

ed46dccac1a6ce6980db0cca9a3650c7.jpg

I want to keep the motorcycle look. So I'm not going full great ape with the bars.

Carl.

Last edited:
Just laced it into the old rim I had used on Cyclodelic that was a 3 speed but no coaster.
c0ac6c8b73069b4cb87fdac9c4d3feaa.jpg

It still needs tried but it's close.

Carl.

I gotta get one of those hubs.
I bought a ladies 26" Free Spirit today for 30 bucks, for the hub. Got some cool mustache bars, a skinny front tire/rim for something down the road and a funky rear rack.

Carl.

Last edited:
I had the same 3 speed w coaster on my daily bike for years, it never had a problem, and I bought it used at a flea market. There's no lube port, I just added some light oil down the axle where the rod goes in.

Latest posts

Back