(MBBO#05 Class II) 53' Lincoln Rug Burn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go for it. It's a reversible mod, no foul on the rarity.
bareframeMCYCLE.png
bareframeCHOPPER.png

Haha! MC or Chopper?

Carl.

Still not feeling the banana...

Last edited:
As Falstaff said to me, "There's a Jenner joke in there somewhere..."

Agree that the trips would accentuate the belly on your frame. Would it still remain a 'pig bike' or would that be full on 'hog status'...? :crazy:

mockup...
18e24c8c8bbc1a7731544e0ca9277e0d.jpg

not sure I want to use OCC forks, cutting the head tube down is easy enough but the top of the forks have the nuts welded in.
fe120a165007d986a308a2192fe6dd96.jpg

I wonder if Fastenal would have slip/star nuts that big? (for lack of the correct term) I have a Fastenall store just a few blocks away...

Carl.

sent from a crowded phonebooth...

If you can get a Jesse James fork you can cut the tubes.
yeah the Fito tubes cut down easy too.
but...I used what I have for the mockup. Now, chrome or black? Bike's probably going to be blk metalflake... I'm leaning towards chrome.

Carl.

Yeah, 'chrome it'. Somebody told me that recently....:grin:.

Star nut would be a familiar term to me. Just a thought. What is the O.D. of a 1 1/8 steerer relative to the I.D. of the monster forks? Might tap it in....? Lots of 1 1/8" star nuts....

Insert star nut into steerer, steer tube into fork leg....

Yeah, 'chrome it'. Somebody told me that recently....:grin:.

Star nut would be a familiar term to me. Just a thought. What is the O.D. of a 1 1/8 steerer relative to the I.D. of the monster forks? Might tap it in....? Lots of 1 1/8" star nuts....

Insert star nut into steerer, steer tube into fork leg....
I was thinking the same thing, might be a ready to go option!

Luke.

Love that backlit shot with the natural light coming through the translucent garage door! Bike looks tough.

Get your nuts straightened out?

Love that backlit shot with the natural light coming through the translucent garage door! Bike looks tough.

Get your nuts straightened out?
not yet been workin on my truck all day, if it stays a chopper, I'm all good anyway. I also could maybe ride it, but it'd be a wheelie thang.

Carl.

I am also kinda looking forward to recreating that circus bear picture.
index.php

Carl.

Last edited:
mockup...
18e24c8c8bbc1a7731544e0ca9277e0d.jpg

not sure I want to use OCC forks, cutting the head tube down is easy enough but the top of the forks have the nuts welded in.
fe120a165007d986a308a2192fe6dd96.jpg

I wonder if Fastenal would have slip/star nuts that big? (for lack of the correct term) I have a Fastenall store just a few blocks away...

Carl.

Sweet! :113:
adding these motorcycle bars on top would be awesome imo
Motorbike-Parts-Accessories-Universal-CNC-Billet-Aluminum-Motorcycle-Adjustable-Fork-Tube-Clip-On-Ons-Handle-Bar-Handlebar-Fit-For-50MM-HONDA-CBR1000RR-2004-2005-2006-2007-2008-2009-2010-0-450x341.jpg

Sweet! :113:
adding these motorcycle bars on top would be awesome imo
Motorbike-Parts-Accessories-Universal-CNC-Billet-Aluminum-Motorcycle-Adjustable-Fork-Tube-Clip-On-Ons-Handle-Bar-Handlebar-Fit-For-50MM-HONDA-CBR1000RR-2004-2005-2006-2007-2008-2009-2010-0-450x341.jpg
I like those a lot! My boy today said something along the same lines. Of course I'd want the tubes cut down to the correct height and then it'd look MotoSicle, but not even remotely apes so no.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back