MBBO#05 These will be the rules. Sept 1st to Dec 1st 2016.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to this.. going to even try to enter this year, doing a project within a timeframe, especially with NY fall weather, never seems to work out, but I need a kick in the pants to finish something. :)
Decisions, decisions... hmmm

What's the rule on multiple entries ? still ok with 2 ?

Not trying to nitpick, but can you clarify the rules on minor frame mods ? if they fit the class ?
In other words - would a sexchange but stock appearing bike be ok in class 1 ?
What about cutting out and rewelding a brake bridge ( ie: swap from coaster to 3 speed Stingray ) ?

Not trying to nitpick, but can you clarify the rules on minor frame mods ? if they fit the class ?
What about cutting out and rewelding a brake bridge ( ie: swap from coaster to 3 speed Stingray ) ?
it could get complicated if we start sorting out what's a mod :39::crazy2:

3: Tire size rake is encouraged.

What does that mean, Luke? I don't quite get that
F.

Big and littles - Fat rear.

or in Luke's case - car tire on back, bicycle on front.....

Doing this from my phone as I am away from my computer, but I will try and address the questions that have come up while I have been offline.

What's the rule on multiple entries ? still ok with 2 ?
Multiple entries are still allowed.

We really want class 1 to be for original rebuilds/refurbs, as such I would say that all frame mods would be class 2, but, IF you can do the mods and it appears completely factory (adding a brake bridge to allow 3 speed as suggested and it appears as a factory 3 speed model) you might get away with staying in class 1.

3: Tire size rake is encouraged.
What does that mean, Luke? I don't quite get that
F.
Big and littles - Fat rear.
Exactly right, skinnier or smaller front, fatter/taller rear.
in Luke's case - car tire on back, bicycle on front.....
in Luke's case - car tire on back, bicycle on front.....
:bigsmile:
Actually no car tires in my plans so far this year! :nerd:

Luke.

Now I see what confused me, "tire size rake is encouraged". I know that could mean same rim size with different tire size, but there's a possibility my idea won't even fit in class 2. I may be sitting this one out.

51b8902b19e3f87b2e6dc1c923d38b76.jpg

Here is another bike that was gifted to me from the same person that gave me the jaguar for campground cruiser. 1970 Schwinn Krate it's pretty roached out. I am not sure if I want to dig into this one, especially so soon after this last build. It appears it has been painted black, it has a black badge and a bit of red paint in the ss#. I am not sure what the original model was. Maybe the cotton picker due to black badge?? Any ideas? I may consider selling whole or parting it out.

51b8902b19e3f87b2e6dc1c923d38b76.jpg

Here is another bike that was gifted to me from the same person that gave me the jaguar for campground cruiser. 1970 Schwinn Krate it's pretty roached out. I am not sure if I want to dig into this one, especially so soon after this last build. It appears it has been painted black, it has a black badge and a bit of red paint in the ss#. I am not sure what the original model was. Maybe the cotton picker due to black badge?? Any ideas? I may consider selling whole or parting it out.
Cool bike!

Luke.

Nice project.. I have heard that if Schwinn dealers sold a large amount of bikes they got a limited number black stingrays ?. Also have seen a Cole crate stingray but I'm no expert on them.

Had a lot of fun in RRBBO 11 so I have a areobee that's been waiting in the wings so might try this B O to.

Well, I know I won't be building Afterburner, I used the seat and megapost for SaltHammer

Maybe I'll find a use for this big seat since no one is buying it from my sale thread.

index.php

Well, I know I won't be building Afterburner, I used the seat and megapost for SaltHammer

Maybe I'll find a use for this big seat since no one is buying it from my sale thread.

index.php
hey bro that seat would be cool on the frame I have it already has a tank and side plates made form plastic are you gang to be in the buildoff/ I might be willing to help you with a few parts if you need any as much as I know this is a competition but I still also consider you one of my fellow rrb brothers but anyways this is the basic frame I have minus the seat bars wheels chain guard fenders and front end

Latest posts

Back