MBBO#3 Class 1 VOTING THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vote for your favorite bikes!

• 1: Orange Lightning

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • 2: Orange Enigma

Votes: 17 18.5%
  • 3: Wheelie and the chopper bunch

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • 4: The Ginch

Votes: 26 28.3%
  • 5: Powerglide

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • 6: The Jackolope

Votes: 13 14.1%
  • 7: Hurst Stingray fastback

• 8: Wildcat Scotty

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • 9: Banana Reset

Votes: 26 28.3%
  • 10: Low Certification

• 11: Fruit Krate

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • 12: The Judge

Votes: 36 39.1%
  • 13: Super Stock Scrambler

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • 14: Derelict Dill

Votes: 32 34.8%
  • 15: Buzz Kill

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • 16: Hot Purple Valiant

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I picked one because it is a competition, that I narrowed down between a few, and chose the one that I would like to ride and could see owning.

It's got to be the bad photo...
My son and I built a better bike than last place.
don't beat yourself up bro,to be really straight with you if I were given the choice between yours and mine to keep I would have yours over mine all day long,the Krate is truly nice

Last edited:
It's got to be the bad photo...
My son and I built a better bike than last place.
Which is why I wont be entering any builds in the future. With these types of comments (and there have been many this year in the build threads) there is no fun left in it.
A consequence of electoral subjective competition - cool has no finish line - if we want something definitive, we can race against time.

For me the voting criteria was simple, I voted for the bikes I would be willing to trade mine for.

I enter the contests with the builds I plan on doing anyway... except for the Dill. I entered that build specifically for my son when I told him I was going to do a build for him. He asked if he could help, and I asked if he'd like to build one of his own, so there we are.

I honestly didn't think either build would do as well as they are. The creativity and workmanship this year is terrific, and I'm humbled to be considered amongst this pool of talent.

I entered the WBO for the same reasons I entered the MBBO. I have projects I want to complete, so I entered my wife's bike and a bike for my oldest, but there will be little work and little customization. My oldest said he'd like to do a restoration, being inspired by his little brother's work. I don't think either bike will be a contender, but that's never been the point for me. I don't enter to win. I enter to be challenged and motivated.

Personally, I think that's the best part... and possibly the point... of these build offs. Not to compete against each other, but to inspire and motivate a better result than we would be able to do alone. You can see that in every thread. Words of encouragement, free-flowing ideas, and specific questions answered. Look what happened to Luke and c1run1 as examples. Both those guys were thinking of dropping out, but I would hope that the strong words of encouragement received from the group pushed them to complete. It certainly looks that way. And both their bikes came out fantastic!

I think I disagree with Ichoptop's comment that Carl's comment sucked the fun out of the BO. I see a father discouraged for his son's sake. Completely understandable. But I don't think that should detract from the build off process itself, or all the positivity I see come from it. I wasn't planning on doing the WBO, but the fun and motivation I got from the MBBO inspired me to join the WBO well before I pushed the "submit" button on the MBBO voting.

Not for nothing yeah you and others pushed me along but i always had the desire to try to finish . And when i tell people i entered this build off they always ask what the reward is for placing and i have to explane to them there's no real prise , some people may donate something but its the idea of doing something and giving it your best shot . Watching what others do and learning a few things on the way ( your never done learning ) .
Some one could physically have the best bike hands down but be out voted for a bike with a good look to it or some really good ideas .

I enter the contests with the builds I plan on doing anyway... except for the Dill. I entered that build specifically for my son when I told him I was going to do a build for him. He asked if he could help, and I asked if he'd like to build one of his own, so there we are.

I honestly didn't think either build would do as well as they are. The creativity and workmanship this year is terrific, and I'm humbled to be considered amongst this pool of talent.

I entered the WBO for the same reasons I entered the MBBO. I have projects I want to complete, so I entered my wife's bike and a bike for my oldest, but there will be little work and little customization. My oldest said he'd like to do a restoration, being inspired by his little brother's work. I don't think either bike will be a contender, but that's never been the point for me. I don't enter to win. I enter to be challenged and motivated.

Personally, I think that's the best part... and possibly the point... of these build offs. Not to compete against each other, but to inspire and motivate a better result than we would be able to do alone. You can see that in every thread. Words of encouragement, free-flowing ideas, and specific questions answered. Look what happened to Luke and c1run1 as examples. Both those guys were thinking of dropping out, but I would hope that the strong words of encouragement received from the group pushed them to complete. It certainly looks that way. And both their bikes came out fantastic!

I think I disagree with Ichoptop's comment that Carl's comment sucked the fun out of the BO. I see a father discouraged for his son's sake. Completely understandable. But I don't think that should detract from the build off process itself, or all the positivity I see come from it. I wasn't planning on doing the WBO, but the fun and motivation I got from the MBBO inspired me to join the WBO well before I pushed the "submit" button on the MBBO voting.
Crash you hit the nail on the head,I like this site because trashtalk,negative comments and bad words are not tolerated,at the voting stage in anything sometimes feelings come out and get written and people respond with their own feelings,I believe "out of context"applies here,something about onions and layers:cool:

Not for nothing yeah you and others pushed me along but i always had the desire to try to finish . And when i tell people i entered this build off they always ask what the reward is for placing and i have to explane to them there's no real prise , some people may donate something but its the idea of doing something and giving it your best shot . Watching what others do and learning a few things on the way ( your never done learning ) .
Some one could physically have the best bike hands down but be out voted for a bike with a good look to it or some really good ideas .
we are like minded on this Bro,when i told people at work I entered this comp the first think they said was whats the prize,its hard to explain to them that its the process we go through,not the prize at the end altho it is nice to be rewarded for effort,with our life style its like "laugh now,cry later" "kings are born" "hearts will get broken" in every context of the these phrases,life,work,love and our passion to do something different,this includes the occasional drama

I had honestly forgotten their was a prize thread. I saw it yesterday, realized I had responded with a "I'll get back to you" post, and never followed through because it fell off my radar. I'll need to come up with something quick. A "Navy" challenge coin, or something along those lines.

Which is why I wont be entering any builds in the future. With these types of comments (and there have been many this year in the build threads) there is no fun left in it.
Hey don't let my stupidity ruin your day...
I deleted my post, it was in poor taste.

Carl.

In fact the last thing I ever want to do is make a bad impression on someone else, or tarnish the patina on RRB's image. I build bikes cuz it's fun and I only post builds in the build offs cuz I like having the deadline. I also like the camaraderie. I think I've formed a couple of friends here considering we're miles and miles apart. I also don't worry too much about where my bikes end up in the voting. I know they're weird and not mainstream. Fruit Krate isn't finished, and I'm a better father than to let votes bother my boy. I'm also sorry if I offended anybody, that was never my intention.

Carl.

In fact the last thing I ever want to do is make a bad impression on someone else, or tarnish the patina on RRB's image. I build bikes cuz it's fun and I only post builds in the build offs cuz I like having the deadline. I also like the camaraderie. I think I've formed a couple of friends here considering we're miles and miles apart. I also don't worry too much about where my bikes end up in the voting. I know they're weird and not mainstream. Fruit Krate isn't finished, and I'm a better father than to let votes bother my boy. I'm also sorry if I offended anybody, that was never my intention.

Carl.
no complaints here Bro

Carl , we need more dads to get involved with things with there kids , if its building bikes or playing sports or just sitting down and talking to there kids , this world would be a better place if there were more dads like you , my son is now grown and off doing his own thing and it makes me proud that I spent the time with him doing all kinds of crazy stuff , and you to should be proud of your kids and the bikes your building with them

I agree with the above post. My grandson's dad died at a young age. My grandson was just 3. My kids are 27 & 23. We always did the softball, baseball, sports things along with bike building, motorcycles, tearing stuff up etc. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I feel myself trying to make up for my grandson's loss. I think that's a good thing. I love the fact that most dads that I know are the same way. Anything to get them away from the video games, computers & TV. Any father/son build is a great thing in my mind regardless of the outcome.

Latest posts

Back