(MBBO #4 Class 2) Humilis Hog

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in, as stated earlier will cut up one I did last year, going to take the
whole situation lower to Terra firma (hard ground) and to maintain the
low theme "Humilis Hog" Latin for Low Hog! (yep bit corny, sorry!)

So a while back scored four, the mother load of these e bike choppers,
the electrics are all shot but the frames with their fat rears disc brake
fronts just screaming out to be chopped. Will keep a couple as original
and chop a couple as well.

As found!
14bjgqd.jpg

As stripped!
124y0ao.jpg

As she is now, will be modding this to something else!
nx2u09.jpg

Busy time of the year for me now so hope I make it! Ps thanks to those
who do all the behind the scenes stuff for these build offs, most grateful!

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing what this transforms into this time around.

Okay big weekend on the grinder then welder, sort of free styling this one wasn’t happy with her from last years build off. So decided to go lower then lower and lower, just kept cutting the frame until I was happy with the low-ness, she will be a worm burner this one! Inverted a cheapo BMX frame for the front end, had to extend the pedal crank to get a good pedal position, won’t be a speed machine but will pull the looks, whatayareckon?!
jsd8k5.jpg

4qob5.jpg

As well as the frame coming down dropped the seat as well
2yo3a6q.jpg

k0im8g.jpg

Now don’t laugh at my average welds, I have to stick weld as mig/tig just don’t feed well with the salty air the wire just jams. So use 2mm rods at low amps, goes okay on the thicker steel, blow lots of holes in the thin stuff, nothing a bit of bond won’t hide aye!
29dd9hy.jpg

2m5lzbt.jpg

So as I said free styling a bit here, came up with an alternate fork option, longer with a smaller front wheel and disk brakes, will see how she turns out, might go with public opinion!
25ugxug.jpg

a5khzd.jpg

3026usi.jpg

w1dyq9.jpg

Here’s a before and after, bit busy for me at this time of the year so maybe a bit of on again off again for this build, work getting in the way of fun, who hates that?
2e2kv9y.jpg

28ckfti.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! That is low!
I think you might need to use the smaller front in the end to allow room for your toes when turning?

Luke.
Yeah good point, got a couple like this, the Slowest Indian is the same, solution coast on corners and pedal straight ahead, she will be an interesting ride for sure!

That is chopped, dropped, and swapped! The inverted bmx frame gave you some nice fork rake. I like the current wheel set up, looks pretty balanced in that stance. You will certainly win any "bicycle limbo" contests you enter! :D

The Pirate has been quiet of late but still lurking! Really busy with work
getting in the way of play. Had a couple of big jobs work wise of late,
will make a late run for the finish line on the low hog I'm hoping, wish
me luck!

Latest posts

Back