(MBBO-5 c2)⚜Ride O'clock⚜((FOR SALE))

Aug 25, 2012
Montréal Canada (Québec)
:hi:
*⚜ Ride O'clock ⚜*

A compact muscle bike wheelie machine with a flashy neon collor

A class2 scratchbuild , my 2nd take at building a frame from scratch and at a buildoff.
The goal is to make the most compact muscle bike my 6,3ft tall could ride , a fun bike to ride around the hood and that will fit in the crowded bike shed. 24''rear 20''front.
here is what i start with:

Ill start on it tomorrow :happy:

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2012
Montréal Canada (Québec)
fisrt order of buisness was to lace the Bendix hub to the Felt rim recycling spokes from a other 24''rim

they were not the right length(too long) so i had to get creative and decided after many try to do a double twist at the last cross , things happen for a reason , i love it allot :)
made a single twist on the front rim to match.

now i know the lacing works and i have wheels to build around, at the end ill dissasemble them for finishing

Found the perfect big guage tubing to make my seat tube with , fits perfectly over the other standard seat tube parts i have ,it will be easy assembly on that one :dance2:

not sure on the sprocket size i need with 24''wheels and non optional 20t cog:39: i hope this 40t is alright

LukeTheJoker

Nov 17, 2012
Broken Hill, Australia
www.ratrodbikes.com
not sure on the sprocket size i need with 24''wheels and non optional 20t cog:39: i hope this 40t is alright
2:1 on a 24" will be great for fast starts, but may be a bit slow on the top end, depends on your riding style!

Luke.

Reactions: OneHorsePower
Aug 25, 2012
Montréal Canada (Québec)
2:1 on a 24" will be great for fast starts, but may be a bit slow on the top end, depends on your riding style!

Luke.
well on this one its : taking it easy and having fun poppin whellies riding style , sounds like it may be alright

Reactions: LukeTheJoker
Aug 25, 2012
Montréal Canada (Québec)
I found out that this same tubing for my seat post is perfect for head set too :) i also found out i could turn steal on my wood lathe with the Hss hand knifes , i was able to ream the inside diameter to perfection:happy:

-cut the legs off the fork and cleaned the steerer tube
-cut a old lowrider fork bracket that i will use to make a tripple-tree top support

Aug 25, 2012
Montréal Canada (Québec)
First few welds on this build was to patch holes in the BB and weld the BB to the seat tube

then it was getting late and could not make to much noise so i got creative with the head tube cap.

free budlight watch

dismentling - cutting the plate to a circle -cuting the adjustment screw shorter

shaping a plastic ring into a spacer for the watch mech

taking the perfectly sized light lense and mounting it with a ring made out of a spoke

putting back the arrows

SWEET! that went almost to well and fast :39::113: (took about 2h for the watch thing)

Aug 25, 2012
Montréal Canada (Québec)
Last edited:
Aug 25, 2012
Montréal Canada (Québec)
this afternoon i made the fork drop outs and welded them to the legs

iam pretty proud of my welding skill progress too,
i start seeing dimes :D

Aug 25, 2012
Montréal Canada (Québec)
Nice drop outs! How did you cut them out?

Luke.
Thanks!

a grinder , hand drill and files:)
I traced only one , then cut and drill both at once through the whole process , then chamfer and file the edges individually at the end