(MBBO-5 c2)⚜Ride O'clock⚜((FOR SALE))

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:hi:
*⚜ Ride O'clock ⚜*

A compact muscle bike wheelie machine with a flashy neon collor
MBBO_zpsxwuwpllt.jpg

A class2 scratchbuild , my 2nd take at building a frame from scratch and at a buildoff.
The goal is to make the most compact muscle bike my 6,3ft tall could ride , a fun bike to ride around the hood and that will fit in the crowded bike shed. 24''rear 20''front.
here is what i start with:
DSCN6823_zpsu0e8edcv.jpg

Ill start on it tomorrow :happy:

Last edited:
fisrt order of buisness was to lace the Bendix hub to the Felt rim recycling spokes from a other 24''rim

they were not the right length(too long) so i had to get creative and decided after many try to do a double twist at the last cross , things happen for a reason , i love it allot :)
made a single twist on the front rim to match.

now i know the lacing works and i have wheels to build around, at the end ill dissasemble them for finishing

Found the perfect big guage tubing to make my seat tube with , fits perfectly over the other standard seat tube parts i have ,it will be easy assembly on that one :dance2:
DSCN6824_zpsstwtyozn.jpg

DSCN6825_zps8zggw6ca.jpg

not sure on the sprocket size i need with 24''wheels and non optional 20t cog:39: i hope this 40t is alright

not sure on the sprocket size i need with 24''wheels and non optional 20t cog:39: i hope this 40t is alright
2:1 on a 24" will be great for fast starts, but may be a bit slow on the top end, depends on your riding style!

Luke.

2:1 on a 24" will be great for fast starts, but may be a bit slow on the top end, depends on your riding style!

Luke.
well on this one its : taking it easy and having fun poppin whellies riding style , sounds like it may be alright

I found out that this same tubing for my seat post is perfect for head set too :) i also found out i could turn steal on my wood lathe with the Hss hand knifes , i was able to ream the inside diameter to perfection:happy:

-cut the legs off the fork and cleaned the steerer tube
-cut a old lowrider fork bracket that i will use to make a tripple-tree top support
DSCN6829_zpss0hj6t2g.jpg

First few welds on this build was to patch holes in the BB and weld the BB to the seat tube
DSCN6831_zpshkdwmk7l.jpg

then it was getting late and could not make to much noise so i got creative with the head tube cap.

free budlight watch
DSCN6834_zps9mtr0pqp.jpg

dismentling - cutting the plate to a circle -cuting the adjustment screw shorter
DSCN6836_zpsbuqsnhiy.jpg

shaping a plastic ring into a spacer for the watch mech
DSCN6837_zpskqdu2omu.jpg

taking the perfectly sized light lense and mounting it with a ring made out of a spoke
DSCN6839_zps6kmpt81w.jpg

putting back the arrows
DSCN6841_zpstmg7xamr.jpg

SWEET! that went almost to well and fast :39::113: (took about 2h for the watch thing)
DSCN6842_zpsq4qnwdig.jpg

Last edited:
this afternoon i made the fork drop outs and welded them to the legs
DSCN6844_zps1fmd0luw.jpg

DSCN6845_zpsa79zruxv.jpg

iam pretty proud of my welding skill progress too,
i start seeing dimes :D

Nice drop outs! How did you cut them out?

Luke.
Thanks!

a grinder , hand drill and files:)
I traced only one , then cut and drill both at once through the whole process , then chamfer and file the edges individually at the end

Latest posts

Back