(MBBO Class 1) BAD WOLF

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well here is my entry #1 for the MBBO
f8a0709bc20289d732c13caab54708f3.jpg

Its a purple Brat under that black spray bomb that was done by the boy that owned it.

I have a idea in my head of how I want to paint this up and the name may give some of you an idea what I have in mind but it could still easily change depending how finding a few choice parts goes.

Anyway as soon as I saw it was past starting time (12:05am) I started playing a bit.

This is going to be a budget build; most of the funds will probably go into the paint job.

So far only $20 invested.

------------------------------------------------
Need to get list:
* 44T solid chainring
* better condition rear fender
* skinny front tire
* seat covering (have people keeping a lookout for the right material)
* paint
* vinyl graphics

------------------------------------------------
Thanks for your help:
@joseywales for the crazy cool rear tire
@Dr. Tankenstein for the chain guard

Last edited:
First test fit cool 20x2.125 bar tread tire
e976d0f131f9bc3cc8bcbea07890a30e.jpg

8faf2fa6a975d1989f9e85d509d82017.jpg

Figure out how big of chain ring will clear frame. (Not planning to keep this huffy ring but it the only 44T I have)
3df9cffbb215807fec6c6847402f43d3.jpg

Add grips (2005 Schwinn cruiser grips-repops)
747e78ae84669c622ab2b0d66ed573e5.jpg

Get rid of stupid quick release for seat clamp... What do I have? Oh a S (Schwinn) bolt.
a84b6d2884c448d4a82763bef0193c95.jpg

Now with the rear fender & the only chain guard I own that's small enough
ece978ed8edb7908f7b142a3e4ebf6a3.jpg

Last edited:
I like it so far. Looks like a 44 tooth is about the biggest you can go. But that may be enough for those short crank arms. For a higher gear, you can get a cog for the rear wheel with a couple less teeth, but it will be a bear to pedal.

I'm not worried about the ratio on this I won't be able to ride it lol.
However it looked silly with a small chain ring.
I'm looking for a cheap solid (no cut design) 44T chainring for this.

Sprockets on ebay is where I was searching for a krate mag, and I saw a bunch of inexpensive ones that sound like what you are looking for.

Carl.

That is a cool tire!

Sprockets on ebay is where I was searching for a krate mag, and I saw a bunch of inexpensive ones that sound like what you are looking for.

Carl.
Thanks. :( I don't have eBay account but I've to.e to locate one.
That is a cool tire!
Thanks
It is a cool tire, I saw a whitewall like it on eBay earlier. Looking forward to this build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. That's funny I've looked around and these were mostly grey or black. I havnt seen a whitewall version yet.

Ok that's cool & funny.
These tires are not for bikes from what I've found. They are listed as Power Chair tires lol.

Last edited:
I've never seen a tire like that before. Pretty funky!

For the chain ring... put a 7/8 washer behind the race at the sprocket. That will push the sprocket out and help it clear the chain stay. Just watch the chain line.

I've got a couple Wildcat chain guards and a chrome Wald that I painted some of it black. If you're interested PM me and we can work out a cheap deal to keep your costs down. I don't have a solid sprocket though.

I've never seen a tire like that before. Pretty funky!

For the chain ring... put a 7/8 washer behind the race at the sprocket. That will push the sprocket out and help it clear the chain stay. Just watch the chain line.

I've got a couple Wildcat chain guards and a chrome Wald that I painted some of it black. If you're interested PM me and we can work out a cheap deal to keep your costs down. I don't have a solid sprocket though.

Thanks.

I know how to shim the chain ring over; I can get a 46T on with it over but that threw the chain line way out so I'm going to stick to 44T.

I'll send you a pm.

Latest posts

Back