(MBBO Class 1) BAD WOLF

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yo yoy its yack to the yuild off.

The Heavy-Duti is rideable and its time to get back to work.

I started working on this first as its at home, now its on the stand.
e2c261be7ad1eb65e9db1e66f8079c94.jpg

Starting to work on figuring out mounting the chain guard. Went with my old stand by method of putting a chain on and placing another over it as a spacer to give me a starting point for placement/clearance.

Next up I grabbed the ugly Crankbrook guard I was holding onto and removed its front brace and flattened it out.
2df08455b4940583566dfaf8ca9e2543.jpg

Next I mounted the brace up to the bike (a couple times to get best placement) & once I got it aligned up with the mounting holes on the guard to where I was happy I marked and started to drill; my drill went flat and is now on the charger.
04ef22e948b00d0979b5f45361f3c9db.jpg

Looks good WFTiger!

Luke.
Thanks Luke.
Love how you did my SN.

Got the guard mounted.
1dd05b129f88d8f4b52a3ca32ff66376.jpg

Still not sure what to do at the rear about the og oval mounting hole.
df0b8db58e1f00fbe656954e01285383.jpg

Anything that will cover that looks bad... Starting to think I might have to just cut the end off at the seat stay.

Also not sure on the fender situation as this one is very bad shape but its ok for mockup.

I like the guard being long, but understand about that hole bugging you... I really need to get back into my build, it's bugging me!

Luke.
I love it being long too but that hole is driving me crazy.
Think I need to take the guard to the hardware store and see if I can find anything that will cover it and not look silly or be too big to clear everything.
If it wasn't chrome it would be an easy patch job.

Yea I feel you; once I started back on my bikes it started bugging me that my mbbo bikes hadn't gone anyplace & the temp outside just keeps dropping so paint is going to be the hard part.

You weld? Patch it like you would if it wasn't chrome. Then polish it. Me, I'd put a small chrome acorn nut on it... or a row of them...

Carl. :android:

You weld? Patch it like you would if it wasn't chrome. Then polish it. Me, I'd put a small chrome acorn nut on it... or a row of them...

Carl. :android:

Not any more but I know people that do.
Chrome and welding don't go together.
Small isn't exactly possible with this hole being 5/8" by 3/16" but I'll see what I can come up with.

I'm at a bit of a stand still for just a little longer until I get my funds figured out.

Also waiting for it not to be raining so I can get into my garage and get it cleaned up so other work can be done on this bike.

Clean would be nice but I think the true goal to me cleaning will be to make more room and make it usable lol. I freed up a bit of room but I need more and I need it to be usable (aka oil and big junk off the floor) as well as clean off the top of my work bench.

Seems like a garage can get cluttered so quickly and when you do have a clean workspace and work on something it takes so many tools to do a job then there you are with a mess again

Latest posts

Back