(MBBO Class 1) Hot Purple Valiant!! ( done.. ) )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet ride with some cool doodads... great minds think alike,I wanted some fuzzy dice,but by the time they would arrive here.. Great work

Painted light and kickstand. A coat of clear on the kickstand and it will be ready to mount in the morning.

Taking it for a test run this morning to the car club. If I'm riding it downtown tomorrow for final pics, needs to be roadworthy. ;-)

Made some hub polishers from some scrap leather amd used some wore out stainless braided brake housing that I jad to tie them together.

Also took some pics when the sun came out on the ride home.

The wooden handle tool with the spool of thread and needle what is it called? I guess it's for sewing tough materials isn't it? Upostery is something I would like to know more about. Only thing I really know now is how to patch my jeans I did attempt a nana seat cover but stitches was not consistent I tried on a sewing machine and the material was too thick but my patterns came out good.

The wooden handle tool with the spool of thread and needle what is it called? I guess it's for sewing tough materials isn't it? Upostery is something I would like to know more about. Only thing I really know now is how to patch my jeans I did attempt a nana seat cover but stitches was not consistent I tried on a sewing machine and the material was too thick but my patterns came out good.
It's a lock-stitch tool. I got this one from the Tandy Leather store here in vegas a few years ago when I cobbled a shoe for a dog...

There are a few basic lock stitches that I use for putting things like this together.

It's a lock-stitch tool. I got this one from the Tandy Leather store here in vegas a few years ago when I cobbled a shoe for a dog...

There are a few basic lock stitches that I use for putting things like this together.
I use the red stylus tool and a ruler to punch the holes prior to sewing it together.

Lock stitch tool is that what I ask or search for when I go to buy one? Where can I learn a few of the stitches is there any instructions on the package? Sorry for all the questions about the tool it just looks useful for a few things I do.

As with anything i build, its never really done. I pulled a flat piece of stainless outta the garage. Given to me by my buddy, thanks paul, who happens to own an early 70s Valiant. Perfect width for a mirror pane.

Because the weather turns cloudy at noon, I won't be ready for final pics in enuff time to get them today. Tomorrow, snow and rain in Vegas, so it looks like I am pushing right up to the deadline.

I found some leather remnants in my bag to make a molded sissy backrest cover. Will be working that with the snow. I will be playing in it on the bmx if it sticks to the ground ;-). Snow on the ground is a rarity around here.

The mirror pane...

Started by drawing the circle, using the compass to hash out the holes on the circle and center punching them.

Then drilled pilot holes

Then larger holes. Bits getting dull. Time for a sharpening...

Then I cut the teeth, and then ground it round.

Then taped it up and measured out the letters and grind marks.

Stamped and ground.

Then polished up and glued a mounting backing to it.

And put a ring of glue around rhe insidw of the bezel and pushed the mirror into place. 60 minutes to dry and it will be solid.
2014-12-30%2015.41.33.png

Notice my dyslexic B on mbbo. Can't undo a stamp...

Latest posts

Back