(MBBO Class 1) Space Spyder

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok been playing with what t want to do.
Put the rack on and seeing how the short floating fender looks.

Let me know what you think.
edd0dcea8039cb3cc4c2d440d7dcb929.jpg

d22fb1c1d856c40c2076e11deedb424e.jpg

f7b57444c0311e2fad8ace46b580c373.jpg

Just my opinion, but I don't like the gap between the fender and the brake. If it were me I'd move it forward to under the brake. But I also think extending it all the way to the chain stays would look good too, but that's because that's what actual muscle bikes do, so I'm used to that.

Just my opinion, but I don't like the gap between the fender and the brake. If it were me I'd move it forward to under the brake. But I also think extending it all the way to the chain stays would look good too, but that's because that's what actual muscle bikes do, so I'm used to that.
That's what I was thinking but so far I'm having issues trying to get a fender that will fit correctly. Grappling another rear from a friend later to try; unfortunately it is a full length chrome fender and I'm not sure about cutting down a chrome fender.
Depends if it will clear everything tho.

Cut it so your shorty is the end, then weld it under the brake so you can't see the weld.
No welder and a shop would charge a small fortune to do it.

I'll see how the fender fits and go from there.

If I can cut it to look right I'll be happy.

I just remembered I have a pair of 1960 Murray fenders I got to use on my 59 then decided to go a different way.
I'm going to go figure out where I put them.

Here we go...
Found the 60 Murray fenders and managed to squeeze the rear fender intoplace ; it barley clears but it should work.

3e7e2935a695d997b2e1c22e9bfd3553.jpg

7805e346dd5367d1db0f58fe7cacbe06.jpg

b641ef405104eb8fa958001372df4307.jpg

Now the fun of deciding where to chop it.
I put 2 pieces of tape as approximate places.
The lower one is the longest I'd think of leaving it.
I'm thinking around the top one tho for a couple reasons; the main reason is if its too long it will rattle around and rub.
The second reason being looks.

0a024777fa6bec097f7a5bc8fdf80945.jpg

78688f0d7763135414c8f86fd4fd5fdf.jpg

Let me know what you think

Yep. I'd cut it flush with the rack struts...
or just a bit farther if you have a way to roll a lip on it...
looking good...

Carl.

Yea was trying to figure out if I could bend a duck tail into it.

So I'm thinking of something like this.
57d6151b3b0ebaaeab2ca817d7e21b40.jpg

92f302488a4303ca70111aa0ce4b10a8.jpg

02ed510f58d4cc4936f3f5f4d23e76d7.jpg

WFT, dude I think you may be overthinking this thing! You smashed it out of the park with your original photoshop pic!! I think that you could remove the rack and go back and notch the duck tail fender to fit under the brake, then do a banana seat w/ sissy bar like the photoshop picture.....SWEET!!! A side note, Duplicolor makes an adhesion promotor spray that is designed specifically for painting over chrome parts........your chain guard idea would really set this build off!! Go Man Go!

I'm going to do some photoshop work with the rack on and see how it looks.

Not sure how its going to work out yet.

I do have a couple more ideas I haven't tried yet as its almost time for work.

I'm serious about the rack if interested shoot me a message.

Been trying to play with paint ideas as I'm thinking the tank & frame being all the same color may be a bit much.

& its looking like I'll be fabbing up the 2 missing plastic parts for the tank, they are too expensive even in bad condition.

Latest posts

Back