(MBBO Class 1) Space Spyder

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll try Photoshop that see how it looks.

I think I need to get the paint I have picked out and see how thick the flake is when sprayed.
If the base coat shows threw I may just base the tank with black and frame with bright green.

I'm also playing with the idea of a couple other colors of flake for the secondary color.

Here's a better shot of the main color.
50acca3688f6335d0413d8c45cda89e0.jpg

Here is the other 2 colors I'm thinking about.
6a683068a6c1e83425d4702eabb72b43.jpg

1b4f9466d51879a39a99f345e4afd388.jpg

Green and black could look cool! Have you thought about that sparkle green and white as a two tone?

Luke.
I have. There's so many color choices that my head is spinning lol.

Also now I'm staring at a painted rear fender I need to test fit so that may play a role in color choice as well.

I know that it may not match your color choices, but I think that I have enough Zodiac gold metalflake vinyl to cover a banana seat. Let me know if you want me to check on it when I get off work.

Thanks Big Ape was playing with the idea of gold metal flake but if that vinyl is enough you may have just chosen the secondary color.

So I started trying to fit the painted rear fender; looks like I should be able to make it work.
5bbaf76d46970b021a04fbe7abba2f9b.jpg

Also for fun I used Bad Wolf's seat & sissy bar to do a few calculations.
I need way longer than a 17" seat. Probably want around 22" easily.
Also realized why the multi speed spyder have there sissy bar mounted the way they do.
4abbaf36838056349494fb3f020058ef.jpg

Thanks.
I agree just need to find the rack a new home now.
Its the merry go rack lol.

So I tried my nice shinny SunTour rear derailleur and it turns out it's bent so I need to find a different for this thing.

Adding to need list.

Bend it back. Derailleurs can be "worked." I had a bent cage on one of my 5-speeds tonight that I brought back into alignment.
Take some pics and let us see what's going on.

I looked over your list. I have blue, white and faded purple grips. No green or gold, sorry. The rest of the stuff you asked for, the pics are in an e-mail.

Bend it back. Derailleurs can be "worked." I had a bent cage on one of my 5-speeds tonight that I brought back into alignment.
Take some pics and let us see what's going on.

I looked over your list. I have blue, white and faded purple grips. No green or gold, sorry. The rest of the stuff you asked for, the pics are in an e-mail.
Don't think I didn't try to fix it. Spent a lot of time trying but its bent in a few places and one spot worse than the rest.
Not a huge loss or anything as I got the rd, freewheel, & spoke protector for free; 2 good of 3 isn't bad.

I've got my Schwinn GT 100 on it in the last couple pics with testing that painted fender.

Man you are putting in a lot of work quick on this build. Looks Great so far. As for your seat. The longer seats you see on Ebay are not really any longer. They are the same size as a regular seat between the sissy bar holes and the seat post. I used a lay back seat post on my Spaceliner to get some more distance back.

I'm not worried about the spacing between sissy bar & post as that's an easy fix like you said but it needs to be long enough to fill the space without looking silly.
If I can find a skate board I'll see about making my own.

Latest posts

Back