(MBBO Class 1) Space Spyder

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need updates....it has been days now!!!!!!!!! Haha. You must be busy.

Just wanted to let everybody know I'm still going to be working on this but have to get a few big things out of my way first (mainly a motor tranny & cherry picker) in the garage as I have no room to work.

Just wanted to let everybody know I'm still going to be working on this but have to get a few big things out of my way first (mainly a motor tranny & cherry picker) in the garage as I have no room to work.
That's why my pics are out on the back porch. Have a rear end and other things strewn around the garage. ;-)

That's why my pics are out on the back porch. Have a rear end and other things strewn around the garage. ;-)
Lol that's why everything I'm actually working on is at home in my apartment.
Unfortunately I need to do some heavy work on the space spyder and need the garage.
The garage I use is my friends (about 1 mile from home) and that's all good but his landlord gets mad if I have too much in the driveway and right now I'd have to drag multiple bikes the motor/trans & picker out to get anything done.

I'm going to try to get the motor & trans back into my girls t/a this weekend and return the picker to my other friend so I can get my buttski back to work.

I'm also trying to get permission to put utility hooks up to hold bikes off the ground to free up more room; don't see this being a big issue as there is 2 already in the garage but I'd like at least 3 more lol.

Good luck with the T/A this weekend.

I'm pullin/installing a bmw trans for a friend this weekend. Hopimg to get it all done on saturday.
Thanks.
At this point I need to torque down a few parts then get the oil pan and timing cover installed, bolt the block side motor mounts on and load the stuff up and go install it in the car.
If I can get help I should be able to do it in 1 day no problem but knowing my luck I'll have to wait till Saturday to get help getting the motor & trans in (learned my lesson; its going to be 3 people getting it back in).

Seems like I always have to do work like that by myself but that's how I make a living just take your time and think it through and pace yourself and keep busy and it will go together fine without help mind your adjustment on the motor chain and let down slowly checking all around but help would be nice good luck.

Seems like I always have to do work like that by myself but that's how I make a living just take your time and think it through and pace yourself and keep busy and it will go together fine without help mind your adjustment on the motor chain and let down slowly checking all around but help would be nice good luck.

thanks.
i'm hoping for at least one good pair of helping hands seeing as i only have part use of my right hand.

Update that should get me back to work on this bike soon.

5b4a373bb65cdc059425e4381bfd652b.jpg

1472309e1ba4e07bbf95fa26e94d8ee5.jpg

81dfa74d2a6061c4fe5104680346e3e7.jpg

Got the motor and trans out of my garage and into my girls T/A today and the cherry picker returned to my friend.
Most likely tomorrow will be spent trying to let my body rest & heal before work tomorrow night but my next order of business is to clean the garage a bit then i can get to work.

Glad to see you got it done did you have any help? That sure is a good looking engine chain adjuster thing? Never got to use one of them. I bet you sure are glad to get that over

Oh man looks like the fun has just begun on that project. Like the coppertone block.

I just sold my latest toy car (Porsche 944 Turbo). Love old cars but my days of laying under an old car are done...hopefully.

Theres still lots to do but its getting close to being driveable and thats most important.
My girl picked the copper for the motor; its her car so thats the way it should be but its a beautiful color.

Its one heck on a project if you know these cars. This is probably the only 1979 Trans AM with a Chevy 350 & 700R4.

Yea i kicked my own butt today on this but luckly it didnt take much laying on the ground.

Glad to see you got it done did you have any help? That sure is a good looking engine chain adjuster thing? Never got to use one of them. I bet you sure are glad to get that over

Thanks, im glad its back in there too.
No help at first; in fact i lifted the trans and carried it and set it on my tailgate by hand, put the motor and trans together and strapped down in my truck all before my help showed up (3.5 hours after i started).

Here was my help
7a3e51a01390ed5b1dbb556f69669ad5.jpg

That is the 7 year old son of one of my 2 friends that came to help; and surprisingly he was helpful.
Yea the load lever is another friends (the one you can see his leg in the pic above) it made life way easier; without it i would have probably been installing the tranny/motor separately.

The other 350 in the pic below will be going in my 92 S10 at some point (also you can see a bit of my 1940s bike)
Its now on the stand the copper motor was on so its now stable to work on it as i feel.
fe094642ee421dd82974c910e4efc54b.jpg

Let me know if you guys are interested and i can start threads for the car projects.

Last edited:
If you start car threads I'm going to have to protest. I love building bikes, but I HATE working on my van. I keep it rolling by trips to the upick junkyard....

Carl. :android:

If you start car threads I'm going to have to protest. I love building bikes, but I HATE working on my van. I keep it rolling by trips to the upick junkyard....

Carl. :android:
Lol that's funny.
Depending on the vehicle I get a bit annoyed by auto work but stuff like Mt truck and the T/A are fun to me.
I hit the u-pull it junkyard a lot myself.

I'm at a bit of a stand still for just a little longer until I get my funds figured out.

Also waiting for it not to be raining so I can get into my garage and get it cleaned up so work can be done on this bike.

Latest posts

Back