MBBO Class 2 - ALiEN FiRE - DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking bike Carl!
Thanx, I'm still waiting on parts... little at a time. I'm not worried, I have over three months still.
But I do go mess with it everyday or so. Seat post soon, I can't wait to see how the Aliens are gonna do that...

Carl. :android:

Had to come back and look again it looks like everything is proportioned just right I would like to see it with the seat on it
It looks like it was made for the wheel sizes you are using :41:

Had to come back and look again it looks like everything is proportioned just right I would like to see it with the seat on it
It looks like it was made for the wheel sizes you are using :41:
Thanks man, seat post soon...
I've still got brake problems, rim brake won't clear the crank...
Going to be looking for a disk brake rim in black...

Carl.

Last edited:
Looking awesome Carl!
Thanks man, seat post soon...
I've still got brake problems, rim brake won't clear the crank...
Going to be looking for a disk brake rim in black...

Carl.
Any way you could mount the brake to what were the chainstays, now seatstays? Some bikes have a tube there that could possibly be drilled... Maybe a bolt on or welded on plate?

Luke.

I cut the kick stand bracket out. It's close quarters when the seat is on. But I may be able to squeeze it in... I would like to use a disc. I just don't have the right rim.

Here's a sneak peek of something I hope I can make work...
It's all about getting the disc/blade mounted on the wheel.
I originally wanted to use this last year on the front of HeadBanger :headbang:
but I didn't want to hack into the fork.
I also swapped cranks again, I had put a Schwinn on... But we're gonna need the cones for Fruit Krate, for which I have a bare stingray crank coming. The plus was I went thru an old box of BB bearings and found two Schwinn for the stingray, a nice chrome outer cone and set of new no name bearings for ALiEN FiRE :android:. So lots of fun parts swapping to get things in order and NO money spent ;) and then I found the old disc caliper....

How bad do you have to want to ride your bike, to mount the seat on unistrut with zip ties and duct tape? Went for a little ride around the block with no brakes... ha the drivetrain works fine...

Is the wheel made for a disc? If not I'll have to watch closely on how you do this I would like to figure a way to mount a disc on a regular wheel maybe like they do the sprockets on one with a engine ? I don't know I may be way off base here

The wheel is not made for a disc. There are a couple kinds of adapter out there but I don't know much about them. This rim is a leftover and not worth much if I trash it. It does have the look I want tho. Meanwhile, I'm looking for a bit of pipe with a 1 3/8" ID to make my own adapter... or a nice black rear wheel set up for a disc.

Latest posts

Back