(MBBO class1)Low Certification

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So decided to jump off the deep and enter this mk1 raleigh chopper as its not in the best condition and has repairs it wouldnt be worth much to the R purists(don't think they will like what I turn it into tho)I don't have a clue as to what it will come out like but will meet all 3 crits
b1_zps096d76d1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like something is missing on those forks. Where's the struts? Won't they bend without them?

Carl.
they will have struts,they are on my other set of benders,my boy rode around on them like that when they were on the original low rider,they are actually very thick,solid and heavy but struts are a go on this

not sure how to pretty up the ugly
b7_zps453e8fad.jpg
I always say "A little caulk, a little paint, makes a carpenter what he ain't." So along those lines..."a little grind some bondo and a coat of paint, is better than the last guy who a pretty welder ain't!"

Carl.

so more of a realistic mockup,found an old 20x 1 3/8 tired wheel with slick tire which looks way better than that 16" but really want to be all 3 crits,maybe go with both 20" wheels and a smaller diameter tire on front but darn it I like the looks of that bigger 20" slick and even worse (cos I wanted whitewalls) I just went through my whitewall collection and found a 20 x 1 3/8 in white in all of those 20x 1.75's
iphone103_zpse36a0c65.jpg

iphone102_zps4c444c8b.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back