(MBBO Class2) "Texas Muscle"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool build so far, Me likes ! Thought I would also say it ticks me off when tires are shipped to me like that the last pair was kinked on the bead and would not mount true at all ...just plain sucked and the seller would not do a thing to help me so needless to say they get no more of my biz.
Mark

Very cool build so far, Me likes ! Thought I would also say it ticks me off when tires are shipped to me like that the last pair was kinked on the bead and would not mount true at all ...just plain sucked and the seller would not do a thing to help me so needless to say they get no more of my biz.
Mark

I was ticked too. The bead on one of them had a kink but was able to work it out. Ill just throw that one up front. I was more displeased with the amount of time it took to ship out from the date that the order was placed. Customer service was not the greatest either. But glad its over with after loosing a week of build time. Back to work!

Got some work done tonight. Wheels on and decided what to do about the seat. I think its looking good and still a High Boy by all means!

Space is tight up front but the tire could come a bit to the left to even out the gap.

Has a bit of rake to the back. Not sure what to do about that just yet.

Drilled for seat tube insert

And lastly, set up a seat suspension that im thinking of using. Might roll a steel pan for the seat but i have another seat in mind....

Updates and progress on the build. ive been winging it and going off of instinct and just doing what i think will work and i could not be more pleased with how this project is coming out!! Forks and handle bars are sanded and scuffed/brushed chrome. i really like the look. And also went ahead and sanded the blue down and added flat black over it, then cut back through it with 600 wet to give it a distressed look. it looks dull but the blue pops in the flash/sun. tried on this seat that i got at Frankenbike swapmeet from a Rusty Riders member for $1!!

Needs Grips and a chain... hopefully i can find a headlight to top it off!

Ghetto pipe stand action lol

Decided to go ahead and move the dropouts up on the fork legs 4" and it made a world of difference on the stance

Roller!! Going to leave the fork legs un cut

I do like the look here. At some point I want to get a wire feed welder and learn how to use it (having only ever arc welded) this is the kind of build I want to be able to do. It's got a leadsled vibe, and I'm liking it more and more...

Carl.

More work tonight but still a few extra add-ons to go as soon as i can figure out what i want to do but got these nice aluminum cranks off of the Schwinn and aluminum pedals from the OCC chopper and the rusty old chain off of the chopper as well. pulled the Grips from my cruiser since im doing a revision rebuild on it soon to fix the geometry and getting different grips. So on to the pictures...

Latest posts

Back