MELVIN STARR - Progress!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shorten it? It looks super short already!

Luke.

Probably only needs to be about an inch shorter Luke. Not much, but I can see in my head............just want the rear tire closer to the seat tube. Also, changing the angle of the seat stays will help with flow of the top tube I'm going to fit.

Last edited:
I decided not to alter the wheelbase after all. I looked at for a while today, and realised if I shorten it by cutting the seat stays and bending the triangle up, it will put more angle on the head tube........I'm happy with the geometry now. I fitted a saddle and stem and bars today and gave it a roll up and down the driveway. Rolls pretty good, with nice responsive steering.

That frame is cool it does have a good stance . It combines a vintage look with a Bmx rear triangle &. Fork . It looks like a all around rip up the trail or urban assault bike [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing much happening, but I did buy some tube yesterday. I'm going to bend a new top tube and make a new new middle tube, so the frame looks something like this.
157752d1145133577-braap-100_4400.jpg

When I replace the tubes, I may even use a different fork and make truss rods for it.

I'm finding it a bit hard to get stuff done at the moment, because work and playing gigs have been pretty hectic, and any spare time I get, I want to spend with my family. Should have the tubes made and fitted next week though, and after that, maybe mod another fork and fab a set of truss rods, then off to the powder coater........then it'll just be assembly.

I can't see me getting any further on this build at the moment. Too busy with work, gigs and applying for new jobs, and what free time I do have, I'm spending with with my family and resting.

I can't see me getting any further on this build at the moment. Too busy with work, gigs and applying for new jobs, and what free time I do have, I'm spending with with my family and resting.
NO!!!! :(
This is not the update I was hoping for...

I understand though...

Luke.

Yup, koizumi made frames who from memory also alot of the japanese made diamondbacks, actually a fairly sought-after frame in the old school bmx community

bean,
Take care of yourself and family first mate. Enjoy the ride of life, the bike ride is a small part of it. A part that will wait patiently for you...whoa that sounded all 'ancient cleric', didn't it? [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]
What I meant to say was, no worries....[emoji16]

Got some tube today for the new top tube. I decided to just plug along, and try and get stuff done before work and on lunch breaks. If I get it finished by the deadline, it'll be painted, not powdercoated. The powdercoater I use is very busy and usually takes around a month to do a frame for me, which is why I was thinking I wouldn't get finished in time. 6 weeks to get finished in seems a lot more doable than 2 weeks :)

Got some tube today for the new top tube. I decided to just plug along, and try and get stuff done before work and on lunch breaks. If I get it finished by the deadline, it'll be painted, not powdercoated. The powdercoater I use is very busy and usually takes around a month to do a frame for me, which is why I was thinking I wouldn't get finished in time. 6 weeks to get finished in seems a lot more doable than 2 weeks :)
I know that feeling but I rolled the dice on the powder coat just hope he gets it done for me . I told him I have a dead line , I just hope I end up with more that 1 day to put it all back together [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least I have some motivation back, and a few ideas popped into my head today :)

This is great news!!
Can't wait to see them pop out onto the bike!

Made some progress yesterday. Totally different direction than I had initially planned, but times a runnin' out to do the stuff I was planning. I cut the middle tube from the frame :eek: and dug a set of Junior BMX race bars out of my stash. I've always liked the look of Fixed Gear Freestyle bikes, so that that's the direction I'm heading.

I'm aiming for a look sumpthin' like this
bombtrack-fixie-dash-fixed-gear-purple-2.jpg

What I have so far
P1010559.jpg

P1010558.jpg

Latest posts

Back