Mercury Rising.....The Unknown Murray (On the road)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used some 400 grit to age the frame a bit.
20180521_183432.jpg
20180521_183423.jpg
20180521_183404.jpg

Diggin it :41:

Missed this build! Very well executed brother!
I would ride that with pride any day of the week!

AWESOME!

Wow, great conversion from a canti! Love the colors, too.

I don't know if you figured out the pedal blocks, but what I did to put oak blocks on very similar pedals on my USAAF bike was grind the rivets off one end and slide the rods out the other side. I then replaced the rods with carriage bolts and nylock nuts for the end close to the BB. Also allowed me to properly lube the bearings and adjust them as they don't have a removable end cap.

Wow, great conversion from a canti! Love the colors, too.

I don't know if you figured out the pedal blocks, but what I did to put oak blocks on very similar pedals on my USAAF bike was grind the rivets off one end and slide the rods out the other side. I then replaced the rods with carriage bolts and nylock nuts for the end close to the BB. Also allowed me to properly lube the bearings and adjust them as they don't have a removable end cap.
Thanks.
I just left the pedals as they were, I just wanted to replace the blocks with non reflector type.

Killer build :thumbsup:, I'm with @kingfish254 I'd ride that in a heart beat :heart:

Had a blast catching up and riding with you and Jan. Safe travels!!

Thanks again for the saddle and especially the shirt!!!! @Jake Sensi is gonna love this

index.php

Latest posts

Back