Metrorat No.22 (MBBO.4 class 1)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I will leave the guard 'floating' it is just bolted on using the bottom brace
IMG_3286_zpsdjrteldc.jpg

here is the fork stopper so you can only turn 90 degrees either way
IMG_3287_zpsn5vxd0j6.jpg

I put the chainguard on again to see a more complete look,think I will matte black it to match the forks
IMG_3288_zpseprbqat6.jpg

may get the paint out this week and do something with the "METRO 22" logo's and maybe the raleigh headbadge,there is a raleigh water decal on the back of the rear mudguard that is very faded and cracked up but may do something around it to stand it out a little,still no proper plan but am tending to lean towards adding and doing small details here and there,it is a quirky bike to rat out that is for real

Fork stopper very unusual and cool! I like the chain guard, flat black might be nice....bars to match? And that floating front fender...does it bounce a bit in that position? maybe a single "rod" stay from the mount on the fender up to the back of the brake mount bolt on the fork crown...? This bike is very funky! In a good way!:113:

Fork stopper very unusual and cool! I like the chain guard, flat black might be nice....bars to match? And that floating front fender...does it bounce a bit in that position? maybe a single "rod" stay from the mount on the fender up to the back of the brake mount bolt on the fork crown...? This bike is very funky! In a good way!:113:
the front guard sways side to side a fare bit I had a flat bar that is just the right length from brake mount to guard mount but like the clean look,we will see,flat black is the go for the chainguard,may have to take apes from another bike,I have 1 that is rough flat black and 1 that is rusty chrome,both would look good,will have to compare

Yes, great effect! I was going to ask if you were going to cover the logo in my earlier comment. Turned out well. :41:

Yes, great effect! I was going to ask if you were going to cover the logo in my earlier comment. Turned out well. :41:
thanx,it came out exactly what I wanted,the scrape/dent through the "E" letter is from the pedal arm scrapping it over and over,before I got it it was destined for the scrap yard,lucky I got my hands on it

done a bit more playing around today,masked off the raleigh logo on the rear guard and matt blacked around it,then roughed it up
IMG_3306_zpsevofbxr7.jpg

added this spring part (from an old scooter that had front suspension)to the front guard,had a strip of alloy that was going to go from this to the brake mount on the fork but just made it look weird and clutered
IMG_3309_zps8wbbhfvn.jpg

painted up around the front mount of the rear guard
IMG_3312_zpsg4outo4h.jpg

IMG_3313_zpsi7ktmxub.jpg

painted the seat collar black and roughed up
IMG_3323_zpscju0xkwq.jpg

I had to do it,bent the bottom of the front guard to match the rear
IMG_3329_zpsk0lqtvb1.jpg

matte blacked and roughed up,this I think will be the go on the frame as well.......maybe
IMG_3327_zpsvioj4zeo.jpg

borrowed my apes off another bike,I think they suit very well
IMG_3330_zpsm2tpki0a.jpg

I like this stem
IMG_3331_zpsgkhg9ejx.jpg

I like the front end
IMG_3333_zpsu0vd4dgt.jpg

Yes, the apes and grips fit the build well. Still wondering about the stability of that front fender, but I do like the "flapped tail"....:nod:

found my old "big boy"chain,yes it is a bmx chain,as you can see it has "chunk" factor to it by comparison to a road chain
IMG_3347_zpsvhzkklmr.jpg
Endless, you are definitely in the competition for the 2nd OddJob Awards for Most Rat-isfying Build!

Catching up on this build and you have been busy with a lot of cool stuff here!!!

Endless, you are definitely in the competition for the 2nd OddJob Awards for Most Rat-isfying Build!
Thank,it seems to be taking me away from muscle to tough ratted Mad Max muscle,its begging me to add heaps of stuff to it,I personality am not one to add lots of stuff on a build but this bike is almost enchanting me to do it so I will be rummaging through my hardware draws for stuff to put on

Sent from my VF685 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back