Metrorat No.22 (MBBO.4 class 1)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lookin good,some interesting things going on here.
Funny that you have 22" wheels.
I have a brand new 22' tire that was sent to me by mistake,and I just thought about it today..

Lookin good,some interesting things going on here.
Funny that you have 22" wheels.
I have a brand new 22' tire that was sent to me by mistake,and I just thought about it today..
The original wheels are 22's but the new ones are 20's I would have used the 22 rear but getting a fatter tire is near impossible for it,the skinny tires are in very good condition considering the amount of rust on the wheels,and this bike is peaking my interest in going on a path I would normally not go down,I just have to make sure I don't go stupid doing it

Sent from my VF685 using Tapatalk

added a chain running between the pump holders as I dont have a pump for it
IMG_3361_zpsi8oiuxl9.jpg

IMG_3358_zpstzgbo6pr.jpg

IMG_3357_zpsojri8ec6.jpg

as I got a score of 8balll keychains I put one on each build,this one been around the block a few times
IMG_3356_zpsoktsmqt3.jpg

time for some attitude
IMG_3355_zpsva9a1v2r.jpg

honk if ya like ratorations
IMG_3370_zpslvjmieol.jpg

Santa will have no beard this year?
how.....how did you know what I did,how...no..nobody knew what I did,oh well I guess everyone knows now...yes I used santa's beard for my seat,it was a bad patch I was going through,young and stupid,it all start back when I had this side bet with rudolph..........

....OddJob Award for most Rat-isfying candidate here for sure! 8 Ball in the side pocket....

so found a solution to the front guard wobbling,not totally happy with the looks but it works
IMG_3598_zpsxz3yd8fu.jpg

IMG_3599_zpswbty2nou.jpg

scored this classic healing ladies for $2.50,mainly because I was going to do a quick resto and make some good coin from it but wasnt as good paint condition as I thought,but it has a cool diamond vinyl spring seat that I am always trying to buy as I like them
IMG_3600_zpsxtlf9yke.jpg

IMG_3608_zps8pkovtyr.jpg

whats this got to do with this build?,nothing really except that the dude chucked in a dynomo light set thats way cool,headlight is made by Bosch,Germany
IMG_3601_zpststhygwc.jpg

IMG_3602_zpst4artoss.jpg

IMG_3604_zpsjicc9ixk.jpg

some one at some stage used tin foil to reline the housing
IMG_3605_zpse1ctw9o1.jpg

original bulb?
IMG_3606_zpsds6tgwwf.jpg

a side note,I love old bike shop stickers
IMG_3609_zpscc9ontz1.jpg

will put the lights on at the weekend,been doing long hours and 6 days at work

Last edited:
so added the lights(pictures soon) the headlight mount was going to hit the handlebars so flipped it upside down to mount the light,not too keen on how it looks but will leave it for now,I got an old mounting bracket from another rear light and straightened it out,done a 90degree bend to bolt to the light and the other end I bent and shaped to curve with the mudguard,played around with the position of how high/low I wanted to mount the light then drilled out the hole and mounted,I wanted it to stick out from the guard as I may fashion a number plate but not sure yet,but it looks cool floating out away from the guard,next I will be doing some sign writing today,nothing big just fixing up the "metro 22" logo and adding in "RAT" between the two

so added the lights(pictures soon) the headlight mount was going to hit the handlebars so flipped it upside down to mount the light,not too keen on how it looks but will leave it for now,I got an old mounting bracket from another rear light and straightened it out,done a 90degree bend to bolt to the light and the other end I bent and shaped to curve with the mudguard,played around with the position of how high/low I wanted to mount the light then drilled out the hole and mounted,I wanted it to stick out from the guard as I may fashion a number plate but not sure yet,but it looks cool floating out away from the guard,next I will be doing some sign writing today,nothing big just fixing up the "metro 22" logo and adding in "RAT" between the two
Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back