Micargi Royal (basman clone) build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys i'm working on a craigslist find of a micargi royal (dutch) stretch cruiser My plans are to make this is an ebike rat rod. I'm thinking magic/smart pie v5 because the controller is built in and there is one less thing to mount on the bike. i'm not sure on color theme but the paint is currently a faded (now matt) black. Being as indecisive as i am... i'm now thinking that i scrubb off the rust spots smooth/clean the paint and just maybe hit it with a matt clear coat.

Colors? do you guys have any idea? black bike with leather brown seat looks good. what color tires do you guys like? I also can see the bike in a very dark blue but i'm not sure on the rest of the colors. I'm really diggin the cruiser shops color scheme(pic below). i'm thinking a little darker for the blue. or do black frame with brown seat/grips ? again not sure whats cool for color tire

any ideas / suggestions are appreciated!

IMG_6202 (1).JPG

Attachments

• basman_Blue.jpg
    basman_Blue.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 1,039
Last edited:
I like the dark blue/tan/cream idea.
If you stick with the stock wheels, they ran 24x3 tires I believe. If you go cream, you're limited to Felt Thick Bricks. If you go with brown tire's then there's the 3G Hogg-Gs. Switching to 26" wheels gives you a lot more options.
Looking forward to see what you do with it.
Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the reply! I'll prob end up going 26" because it seems most electric kits have that as a common option. i'll see if i can photoshop some different colors on it in the next day or 2. Ideally i'd still like to have a fatter tire to help cushion the ebike ride, we have a lot of potholes here in jersey lol

Update from one year ago... lol
i'm going to order a magic pie v5 (black edition) and mount the battery as low as possible on the frame Hopefully this year.

Attachments

• IMG_7599.jpg
    IMG_7599.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 330
1 year update. The only thing now is that i'm having issues with my monark II Fork.

any 1" sprung forks out there that can take a disc?

Attachments

• nibuzmfmns031.jpg
    nibuzmfmns031.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 213
Destro, For some build ideas check out my royal dutch in the electric bikes section.

Destro, For some build ideas check out my royal dutch in the electric bikes section.

Thats what my bike should look like if i ever get time! lol LOVE IT!

Here is latest pic. i'm going to build a box for my battery. it's an 8p13s i built out of laptop batteries. Next battery build i'll def make them out of new cells.

Attachments

• IMG_1073.jpg
    IMG_1073.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 169

Latest posts

Back