Micargi Switcheroo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Zombie

~:Undead Forever:~
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I brought home Half a "Micragi" Stretch the other night.
[Literally cut from right behind the seat, Down to accommodate an engine much larger than that of the frame gap at one point., unfortunately done with a hacksaw and ruining the frame all together for sound 'Ridability'.]

It did however have a good 26" Springer fork and Front wheel, tube and tire along with necessary hardware.
My question to you fellas today is., who has swapped these "Micargi" Springers on another bike?

Which bike and what issues do you recall encountering?

[Note: Details about the sizes of head-tube and fork-head itself will be of great help to me as I'm considering swapping it over to my '64 Columbia Torpedo 26" for occasional kicks., be nice to know if it fit before I got all the way into it now that I have the Springer disassembled.]

Thanks Riders!

[Post Script; Happy to be back]

FZ

Easy way to check would be just to measure the length of the headtubes and see if they are close, if the Columbia is more than 1/2" shorter you may be able to thread the fork deeper to accommodate but less than 1/2" you might just get away with!

Luke.

Easy way to check would be just to measure the length of the headtubes and see if they are close, if the Columbia is more than 1/2" shorter you may be able to thread the fork deeper to accommodate but less than 1/2" you might just get away with!

Luke.

Heya Luke! Thanks!

I had noted during disassembly of the springer that it was relatively close to the same length where I could see.
I reckoned on doing a paired measurement of course, getting the basics out of the way, but I figured this way would encourage discussion on the springers quality., maybe get a few good bikes up with one on it for exemplification for onlookers like myself who just want a general feel for what one can look like on something other than Micargi Brand frames.

Besides,. I hardly ever write anymore, it gave me an excuse ;)

Just picked up a Micargi Hero for the 20 incher springer....I'll have to give you a report and photo once it is blownapart. It is heavy , I think.
Yea no doubt its heavy. This 26" one has as good or better quality than the Krate repop forks and of course being bigger adds to the weight some as well.

Honestly, only two bolts on it were rusty, and it just seems like surface junk.
I look forward to your "switcheroo" ;)

FZ

Latest posts

Back