Millions of $$$'s worth of cars!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As I know there are a few car guys on here I thought I would share a video that I did to thank my clients and friends for the support of my business as I put it on a temporary hold after 6 years.

In 2009 I got a redundancy (worked myself out of a job!!) from the printing factory that I worked at for 18yrs, which enabled me to start something new. As I had always had a passion for cars and had 8 of them at the time, so I decided to buy myself a Tilt Tray (Slideback Tow Truck for my US friends) just to cart my cars around and then very quickly turned it into a business essentially catering for Luxury, Prestige and Racecars. With little exposure to the industry I was told that I would last no longer than 3mths, well I proved the naysayers wrong and turned it into a thriving little business. Infact, those same people asked me how I did it to which I always responded "You have been in the industry for over 20 years, You tell me!". I am now at a point in my life that I need to move onto new opportunities and have sold the truck. Not quite sure what I will do next but this is a necessary step that I need to do and have thoughts of getting back into it in the coming years with a difference!! I have even been in talks with owners of car collections and major workshops in the US on our last trip and as my partner would love to move back home and she has asked me if I would contemplate moving, which isn't out of the realms of possibilities either.

Anyway I would like to share the video with you guys and as far as the title of the thread goes, I would hate to calculate the collective value of cars just in this - one photo has 2 original Shelby Cobras being transported at once so there is about AUD$2M.....

Cheers
Sean

So it looks like you did a car a day for 6 years straight! Kudos

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
Good luck on whatever you try next! Thanks for sharing.
Wow, that was quite the showcase of cars!

Luke.

Thanks guys, it's quite funny as this is not all of the cars as my laptop got knocked off with more photos but essentially 97% of vehicles transported where of this standard as it was not that common to see me transporting your average family wagon!!!

Yep Luke quite a array of cars and got to drive quite a few of them as well but to me they are all just the same even though the values may be hugely different. The biggest disappointment that I had was driving the Lamborghini Countach LP500, like most kids in the 80's I had one or two posters of this car on my wall and thought that it was my dream car at the time. Fast forward 30 years and get the opportunity to drive a couple and those dreams were quickly smashed into a nightmare. From an uncomfortable seating position to blindspots everywhere it was definitely not as I imagined that it would be. In the car's defence though it was not made for 6'3" people at the time........

Although I never got to drive all of them all that far, maybe just just from the garage to the back of the truck, it is still a lot further than I would ever get the opportunity to sit in them let alone drive them. One of the funniest things was the Australian Motorshow on the Lamborghini Stand as this is always the one of the biggest drawcards as crowds gather around the perimeter of the stand and only a 'select' few are allowed inside to get up close. As I did a lot of work for Lamborghini Melbourne including picking up the Aventador from the airport and transporting it around, I was allowed in and my wife at the time was able to sit in it as though we were buying one. Later in the day I seen an old friend that mentioned that he seen me in the stand and said you must be doing well to afford one of them. I played along with him and said yeah just want one for a weekend cruiser and keep but the truth of the matter was that I probably couldn't even afford the matchbox car.....LOL!!

There are many stories that I have got from doing this for 6 years and being lucky enough to see many different car collections and have made some life long friends along the way as well. I wouldn't changed it for the world as it was certainly great opportunity

Some of those cars make you start to consider a fast and furious style truck heist. But I'm fat, slow, and totally uncoordinated.:(

Latest posts

Back