mine since 1967

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have a bicycle my parents got for me in 1967, when I was 10 years old. It's a BF Goodrich. The headbadge says Challenger but the chain guard says Super Fireball. I plan to clean it up as best I can and hang it in my garage. I have not been able to find pics of one like it anywhere. Anybody else got one?

That's awesome looks Huffy built I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks Murray to me.... Awesome that you still have your childhood ride!!! Especially after nearly half a century! :happy:

Very cool , not many can say they still have their childhood bike !
I had the Murray badged version when i was a kid, just one of the many
bikes I destroyed in my early bmx days. I'm getting forgetful but I believe the Fireball name on the guard referred to the Goodrich tires of the day .
Mark

Wow! So few of us have a actual bike from our childhood. Love those Murray winged rear dropouts. Be sure to show us some pictures after you clean it up and maybe after you hang it in the garage.

I'm afraid that it won't clean up as well as some bikes I've had in the last few years.I've tested a couple of places on the handlebars and fenders. The paint has some spots that look pretty bad.The rims are in rough shape.The tires are worn and I'm undecided whether to replace them or leave as-is. I will probably never ride it again. We'll see.

All original! You may find the banana seat not that much fun to ride after all these years. I'd say clean it and hang it, even if it isn't shiny as you would like.

I finally rubbed on the paint a little more and the spots will not come off. It would have to be painted to do a decent restoration. I don't think that will happen. It would take $70-80 in materials. I guess I'll finish cleaning it as best I can and hang it on the garage wall.

I still have a bicycle my parents got for me in 1967, when I was 10 years old. It's a BF Goodrich. The headbadge says Challenger but the chain guard says Super Fireball. I plan to clean it up as best I can and hang it in my garage. I have not been able to find pics of one like it anywhere. Anybody else got one?
Thom, I came across your post by GOOGLE search. So I joined the forum. I recently came upon a bike very similar to yours. A friend of mine gave it to me. Said it was a landfill find from way back. Yours is the only one I've seen like it so far. Looks to be same color scheme. I plan to leave it as is as much as possible and make it rideable. I cant find a serial or anything to match up but since yours was given to you new in 67 I presume, this would have to date mine about the same year.

Attachments

• 20191029_180255.jpg
    20191029_180255.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 20191029_180312.jpg
    20191029_180312.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1150.jpg
    IMG_1150.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Latest posts