Mint Chocolate Chip-A bike built for the Crested Butte Chainless World Champs (Finished)

Discussion in 'WBO 2017 BIKES' started by squirreldh, Feb 25, 2017.

1. squirreldh

squirreldh

Well, it didnt snow, so I may be able to toss some paint on the weights. Attach body panels, and toss on my logos. Then it might be what I can consider finished...

CrazyDave and LukeTheJoker like this.
  2. squirreldh

squirreldh

9 hours left

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

3. squirreldh

squirreldh

Ran to the hardware store earlier and picked up some black duct tape. Got side panels installed and logo placed, I'm sponsored!! By myself... also threw a coat of paint on the weights to match the frame, gloss black. Wanted to go minty with the color but do not have a perfect match on hand.

[​IMG][​IMG]

CrazyDave, LukeTheJoker and Falstaff like this.
  4. squirreldh

squirreldh

Waiting for paint to dry is like, waiting for paint to dry...[​IMG]

CrazyDave, LukeTheJoker and RustyGold like this.
  5. RustySprockets

RustySprockets

No doubt. An object in motion wants to stay in motion, but an object that's stopped wants to stay that way, too. It will take longer for your heavy bike to get going, but once it is...GET OUT OF THE WAY!

6. squirreldh

squirreldh

Finished! Set up some lights outside to do an impromptu photo shoot. Wish I had finished earlier for some daylight, or even sunset golden hour shots, but this will have to do...

Saving my best shot for the final finished thread [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Digdidit

Digdidit

Really cool build! Shame time ran out a bit. Will you be finishing it off in another thread?

8. Digdidit

Digdidit

I'd love to see it in it's full skin!

9. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

So glad this made the finished line!
    Gravity bikes make me think, one day I might have to give one a go!

10. squirreldh

squirreldh

Thanks for all the support! I wasnt sure I would finish before the deadline, had a meeting to go to last night while paint was drying, literally installed them while still slightly tacky and setup the lighting and took photos during the last hour of the countdown. Rommates had gone to bed, neighbors were probably wondering what was happening out behind my place in the driveway...

But, I finished! Had much fun in this build off! Really enjoy having a deadline I guess. All my other bikes that arent involved havent been getting much attention, i even recently got an Ultegra 10spd upgrade for my road bike and I have not installed it! I promise next time I participate my build will be more of a Rat, have a 2spd bendix kickback hub waiting for a frame...

11. squirreldh

squirreldh

Definitely build one, if you have hills in your area! Lots of fun, and the competition is interesting, only biking race I know of that winning isnt dependent on how strong your legs or lungs are!

12. squirreldh

squirreldh

This thing is so much fun to ride! I went across the street and found a slightly steeper hill to test ride on. Almost hit 23mph in only a city blocks length! Want to take it to the hills!

[​IMG]

13. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

Looks like a steady build before you had to stop too!

squirreldh and CrazyDave like this.
  14. CrazyDave

CrazyDave

Very Cool! I had never heard of this type of racing before and surely many appreciate the education. :D I want to see a full skinned pic of the bike with a first place trophy next to it :D The hill heading into town is starting to look different to me :D

LukeTheJoker and squirreldh like this.
  15. squirreldh

squirreldh

May eventually do a full fairing, maybe for next year, for now I will be competing in its completed build off form. I am a really skinny guy, can get myself tucked pretty well. I have a replica leather air force bomber helmet, need to find the rest of my outfit somewhere, thinking thrift stores may have what I need...

LukeTheJoker and Falstaff like this.
  16. Captain Scrappy

Captain Scrappy

Crested butte is awesome. Up there alot. Heard about that race sounds like a blasy

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

squirreldh likes this.
  17. squirreldh

squirreldh

It is a lot of fun. Last year I made sure I was there to get my race ride on the shuttle and went mt biking all morning until they were bussing people to the top. This year will be similar, but planning on bringing our own rides, and some party favors, up in our own vehicles. Will be easier to get the pre race brews up that way ;) shhhhh.....

And come on out to race this year! Its always more fun with more racers, plus it would be cool to have a crew of RRBers up there!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    CrazyDave likes this.