Mint Chocolate Chip-A bike built for the Crested Butte Chainless World Champs (Finished)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ran to the hardware store earlier and picked up some black duct tape. Got side panels installed and logo placed, I'm sponsored!! By myself... also threw a coat of paint on the weights to match the frame, gloss black. Wanted to go minty with the color but do not have a perfect match on hand.

5541fb81afc0b218ca648a8ab7a7c2f2.jpg
d3640719ff30c8e207ac5829511dbf56.jpg

Thanks for all the support! I wasnt sure I would finish before the deadline, had a meeting to go to last night while paint was drying, literally installed them while still slightly tacky and setup the lighting and took photos during the last hour of the countdown. Rommates had gone to bed, neighbors were probably wondering what was happening out behind my place in the driveway...

But, I finished! Had much fun in this build off! Really enjoy having a deadline I guess. All my other bikes that arent involved havent been getting much attention, i even recently got an Ultegra 10spd upgrade for my road bike and I have not installed it! I promise next time I participate my build will be more of a Rat, have a 2spd bendix kickback hub waiting for a frame...

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

So glad this made the finished line!
Gravity bikes make me think, one day I might have to give one a go!
Definitely build one, if you have hills in your area! Lots of fun, and the competition is interesting, only biking race I know of that winning isnt dependent on how strong your legs or lungs are!

Very Cool! I had never heard of this type of racing before and surely many appreciate the education. :D I want to see a full skinned pic of the bike with a first place trophy next to it :D The hill heading into town is starting to look different to me :D

May eventually do a full fairing, maybe for next year, for now I will be competing in its completed build off form. I am a really skinny guy, can get myself tucked pretty well. I have a replica leather air force bomber helmet, need to find the rest of my outfit somewhere, thinking thrift stores may have what I need...

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Heard about that race sounds like a blast

It is a lot of fun. Last year I made sure I was there to get my race ride on the shuttle and went mt biking all morning until they were bussing people to the top. This year will be similar, but planning on bringing our own rides, and some party favors, up in our own vehicles. Will be easier to get the pre race brews up that way ;) shhhhh.....

And come on out to race this year! Its always more fun with more racers, plus it would be cool to have a crew of RRBers up there!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back