MMBO #4 "Gravity Fed" Class 2 " Wings Out ! Mission accomplished !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I didn't even noticed this Build Off was going on , i stopped in to check a few things out now and then but i been very busy in the shop .
Anyway i have a pile of parts and a few others needed . I decided to go completely out of the box on this one .
In case your not familiar with a Gravity Bike here is a link :

No Pedals , no bottom bracket ,no chain ,no chain rings ... You do need to be insane to ride this Machine !
I'm looking forward to catching up on every ones project .
Thanks Joe

Insane maybe , but to live in the mountains a must ! Cool idea but it wouldn't work for us flat landers .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been contemplating a gravity bike for a while...
No hills near me at all...
So I'd have to travel to ride.
SOUNDS LIKE GREAT FUN THOUGH!!!

Carl.

I built a gravity bike back in '86 or so, and had a lot of fun on it. I think the only thing that would have qualified it for this build off was the banana seat. I don't know if I'd want to lay a bike over with much tire/wheel stagger, and hi-rise bars would definitely be a no-go.

Yeah , i thought about that a lot before i considered it . Its going for the smaller front wheel and banana seat option . How ever i did have a question there are no specific rules on the front wheel can i go thinner then the back one to qualify ? Technically it would be smaller ?

8083d9023e3ff6430a444000e958d6ef.jpg

Here is the frame I think would work good it's low and long . I'm not so sure about the rake on the head tube though .

THAT IS JUST AWESOME, I WANT TO DO THIS! I have never seen that before, I live in an region that's called the seven hills and I live on one of them but ours are all mostly straight shots with little to no curves. As a kid we use to do something like that on our muscle bikes with our buddies at the bottom waving us off or through cause of the traffic, brakes were almost useless but burned the toes and sides off our Chuck Taylors.

THAT IS JUST AWESOME, I WANT TO DO THIS! I have never seen that before, I live in an region that's called the seven hills and I live on one of them but ours are all mostly straight shots with little to no curves. As a kid we use to do something like that on our muscle bikes with our buddies at the bottom waving us off or through cause of the traffic, brakes were almost useless but burned the toes and sides off our Chuck Taylors.
Dude there's a thread about gravity racing over in the competitions forum... Go check it out.

Carl.

Yeah , i thought about that a lot before i considered it . Its going for the smaller front wheel and banana seat option . How ever i did have a question there are no specific rules on the front wheel can i go thinner then the back one to qualify ? Technically it would be smaller ?
The way that I read the rules, skinnier up front counts.

Very cool idea, it does take an ounce of insanity to ride these things. Takes two ounces to stand on the edge of the road on a cliff side watching this.

Well a little tinkering today
I made the drop outs bigger to fit a larger axle and played around with the forks . I'm not happy with this fork set up the hardware is not dependable it may come lose .
So till I get another set up I played with installing the knee rest with old Harley Davidson foot rest .
253fef7ff76c36178e41be7ebbe1787a.jpg

Latest posts

Back