Mongoose Beast Fat Bike build and ideas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yoothgeye said:
More pictures will come later, but here it is today, wrapped bull horn bars, stem, different saddle. At 5' 10" this is just right.

DB9764A8-D1FF-4B9E-AA94-8ABD2BBD103C-17122-00000C1C199781F4.jpg

I really like the bullhorn bars on there!
You should throw your MEGA apes on there for giggles!

I am thinking of painting the rims orange and making a Fat Fink.

Orange rims would look hot!

If my mega apes were easy to remove I'd throw them on, but they are on a little stem.

Tank's BMX bars look right! I was going that direction, but I'm liking my MTB direction. I think it's cool that we are all going with different ideas on the same bike.

These bikes are of great interest to all of us bike heads!

I see the vision, military bike build. At first I was thinking monster truck stuff then it hit me, army desert camo paint, racks, military bag panniers, gun rack, gernades, and ammo belts, I think we all get the idea.

How about a Fat Krate?
I was thinking of putting a chopper fork on the front and running a 20x4 OCC rim/tire there.
Unfortunately, my Schwinn Spoiler springer fork won't handle the 4" wide rim.

Will a freewheel disc hub from a schwinn spoiler work on these? I just got my red Beast and I believe I have a Spoiler hub packed away in the garage.

mitmoe said:
Will a freewheel disc hub from a schwinn spoiler work on these? I just got my red Beast and I believe I have a Spoiler hub packed away in the garage.

It should, weren't the rear spoiler rims the same as the OCCs?

Would be cool to add on to the fork neck and use an OCC rear wheel and make
a monster cycle truck. :shock: :shock:

The Easter Bunny brought mine today.

Here is the chopper seat propped on for reference.
WP_001455.jpg

I have already turned it into a Fat Fink.
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=70837

WP_001466.jpg

Double check you bearings. I pulled the BB and it was bone dry! Not even a hint of any grease.

I'll be adding disc brakes to mine and some new handlebars....maybe a seat. Trying to keep it under $600 total including the bike.

photo.jpg

Good to see a red one in regular light. Looks good to me.

These things remind me of dune buggies, I'd stick an antenna/flag to flop around on the rear and some double head lights up front if it were me ...

dune-buggy_15699.jpg

P1030360-015-HMD-1996-Dune-Buggy-ID42721COLO_SCD_900.jpg

Or possibly "I just bought this thing and got a great deal because the previous owner said it needs a new water pump."

Latest posts

Back