Monster Metal is a righteous dude.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I enjoy going up Larry the Blacksmith's(AKA MonsterMetal) shop. It's pretty rad. He's always got some project he's working on that is just awesome. And he's a great guy. If you're going to buy something or trade something from him, he won't let you leave without loading you up with more stuff. Last time I went up, he showed my wife and I this amazingly ornate metal andrail he was building. It had bamboo, and grass and all kinds of stuff in it. made outta metal. Then he shows me some lilies he made, blacksmith-style. You know, heating up the metal, and pounding it into submission. They were amazing. My wife couldn't quit talking about them. So I ask him how much it would cost for him to make me two or three, as our anniversary is coming up in March, and lilies were the flower at our wedding. He said he'd be glad to make them, but just wanted me to trade him something for them, not buy them. So I think and I think, and I can't think of any sweet parts that I have, so I offer him a chrome spaceliner that I built up from various parts. It's basically a frame that I put a murray fork on, and bars and a seat and a set of wheels with a shimano hub from the murray I got the fork from. So he makes me a few more flowers, and an awesome vase to hold them in. They look amazing see?
3242716619_fa66411869.jpg

K the picture doesn't do them justice... But trust me they are sweet. Thanks Larry. It's gonna suck when I move to Eugene and you're farther away...

Oh yeah he also helped me cut out part of the fork I used for the seat tube on the stretchliner and weld in a new piece of tubing so it would clear the chain. Anything I did wouldn't quite let it clear. And he didn't laugh at my crappy welding. Which was cool.

Latest posts

Back