'MOONSHINE ??? ( Express or Bandit )'

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe grind flat spots on opposite sides of the axle to fit the fork, then chase the threads.

Maybe grind flat spots on opposite sides of the axle to fit the fork, then chase the threads.
Mmmm thats a thought. as i do prefer the fatter axles...

Yep, use a thread chaser. Or in my aptly named friend Falstaff's case; a 'beer chaser'....
*couldn't resist!*
:bigsmile:

I like this combo of boxes, seems to stretch out the look in a non proportional way. looks longer and sleeker :happy:

index.php
At my age I would like to have this bike but I would put an electric hub motor on it. I could do my weekly grocery shopping. It's a few miles to the store, especially from our cottage, so the boost would be great. 50 pound bags of dog food would require a dedicated trip. If it were only used once a week I wonder if solar panels could be used for the charge? Love it.

At my age I would like to have this bike but I would put an electric hub motor on it. I could do my weekly grocery shopping. It's a few miles to the store, especially from our cottage, so the boost would be great. 50 pound bags of dog food would require a dedicated trip. If it were only used once a week I wonder if solar panels could be used for the charge? Love it.
I haven't messed with powered bikes yet....at my age I need any exercise I can get.....:happy::happy:

I haven't messed with powered bikes yet....at my age I need any exercise I can get.....:happy::happy:
I have,and can be fun. I have a small moto that comes off a old 24v electric thingy.If I can mount the rear sprocket and moto on,it could work. Will take a look at that. it runs on 2 x 12v batteries. That would add a extra 10kgs on.

What about cutting off the old fork drops and welding on some 14mm washers then just cut a slot in the bottom?
That would be better, that way the axle is still strong,and robust. Maybe trim the axle on 2 sides and weld washers on.

Yeah those fork tips are odd. Angled to be vertical drops, I'd open them up and weld washers on. No need to trim the axle if you have washers. You could even cut shapes from steel instead of using washers to give your fork some style and pizazz.

[emoji450]L.

sent from a banana phone...

I have the twin to that in my garage, can't figure out what to do with it either.

But I vote for moonshine express.
Saw this today.
16387270_1205011002909433_4692967490684305752_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back