"Most over done trend?"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done is well done, in any calture. I mean if somebody builds something and does it well that's great, but if everyone only does one theme over and over then it's becomes burnt, and nobody likes burnt. So if you do a theme just try to not over do it (I got 28 bikes and they are all 26" ape hingered banana seat low riders with flat black paint, red rims and Big white walls)I'm so cool. LOL
If everybody does the same theme as a competition to see others interpretation of said theme, that's cool. But to me a trend is to do what others are doing just to be cool or appear to be.

So with that said let me enlighten you on most of my bikes. Most of my bikes are OG barn fresh bikes, I mean I have more bikes than I have time to work on them (Hoarder).LOL
I say this as a joke, but I do work on my bikes sometimes I fix them to be just a ridable bike and sometimes I just leave them as is and show them like that OG state of life, dust, rust, flat tires and all. I just like to show people how they were found.

HotRodJen said:
im tires of the flat black,red and white combo .. and its not just in the bicycle community its also the hot rod / car kulture etc community .. and being a pinstriper and having to do a black car the first color combo that comes to the owners mind is .. red and white .. on a black car, im just tired of it thats all .. its like seeing xmas colors all year round , eventually ya just get tired of seeing it . and it sucks bc my car is even flat black hahaha but no red and white pinstripes .. never , thats my 2 cents
We all have opinions and I LOVE the flat black look :mrgreen:
How can you say this is ugly :?
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25544

i have to agree the flat black red wheels is played. if you are into the traditional rod scene you know why although i should talk currently my 63 falcon wagon is primered with metalic red wheels so go figure. nothing really against it but the tittle of this thread is most over done so i would agree with that. does it make a car or bike ugly? no not at all just "done" thats all. and i hate to agree but the boardtrack look is done too lol and to think i would ever say that as i was one of the first to do it with "the higgins." but again is it still cool? heck yea!!!

dos cruiser said:
Well done is well done, in any calture. I mean if somebody builds something and does it well that's great, but if everyone only does one theme over and over then it's becomes burnt, and nobody likes burnt. So if you do a theme just try to not over do it (I got 28 bikes and they are all 26" ape hingered banana seat low riders with flat black paint, red rims and Big white walls)I'm so cool. LOL
If everybody does the same theme as a competition to see others interpretation of said theme, that's cool. But to me a trend is to do what others are doing just to be cool or appear to be.

So with that said let me enlighten you on most of my bikes. Most of my bikes are OG barn fresh bikes, I mean I have more bikes than I have time to work on them (Hoarder).LOL
I say this as a joke, but I do work on my bikes sometimes I fix them to be just a ridable bike and sometimes I just leave them as is and show them like that OG state of life, dust, rust, flat tires and all. I just like to show people how they were found.

I think I found your car man, you could clean the barn debris off of it and let the guy keep his chicken but I kinda like it how it is. :wink: :lol:

DSCN3002-vi.jpg

i find it funny because im wearing an oval window shirt right now :mrgreen:

I'd gladly take that car in that shape and drive it all day, everyday. If anybody had anything bad to say about it, I'd just it's an oval, Bite me.

"trend", oh thats a scary word that seems to be rearing its ugly side.

i love flat black, always have, always will.
henry ford was on the money. any color you want, as long as its black.lol
and as far as color combo's go red and white seem perfectly suited for such a color.
after reading this ten page hate on for all things i love about rat rod bikes, new trends seems to be developing.
would seem its trendy to be tired of the flat black and the flipped bar scene.
i ain't falling victom. i wont follow the masses, i don't want to be trendy. :lol:

so with that, i'll keep painting em black, and flipping bars. i just refuse to buy into this anti-flat black trend. :wink:
how could ya tire of this?
nfk38h.jpg

control the sheep population, have your friends spayed or newtered. :wink:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Growing up as a kid I identified those colors with hot rods.
Generations of car enthusiast have identified those colors.
When I saw that wheel on this websites page on a Google image search I knew it was a Rat Rod page.

Just like Harley has the exhaust on one side.
Just like a Ricer has the big fart can.
Just like the emblem on a Mercedes.
The color Red, Black and white will always be known as the Rat Rod color characteristic.

But that doesn't mean every Rat Rod out there has to have those foundational colors on it.

its not like i dont like flat black, i love it! its just the annoying over-use of flat black, red wheels and whitewalls is what i dont like. even from the begining i knew it was over played. i mean flat black and whitewalls is cool, flat black and red is ok, but all of em together drives me nuts.

You should actually use those on a build LOL.

i like it too and as proof i always seem to revert to that style i was just responding to what i think is an over done trend. not saying it ain't cool at all and i love my drop bar bikes if i want to go out and rip it up i always jump on the higgins but it's green and black :mrgreen: . everything is cool in it's own way there are some styles i personally dont like and please dont flame me for it i am not big on steampunk at least for my own bikes. can i respect what someone else built and the time it took? sure the same goes for the full show lowrider bikes, totally not my style but i know the amount of work that goes into those and i can respect that. heck if you want to talk about over done trends open chopper bike mags and look at how many are now doing the late 60's 70's style bikes. could metal flake be over done? well maybe but i still love it and i will play that trend to death. whew

This has been bugging me as my main ride is "satin black" with red rims..and not wanting to change it up...AND..got a nice project for BIKINGANGEL in the works..an Old Sears .. been contemplating colors..and i gotta stay with black..but found ballerina slipper pink satin for the rims...and she digs it and that is all that matters to me....plus its so dang easy to touch up !

Going against the trend here, but I find the flipped-bars multi-speed look to be horribly overdone. Every single bike has it.

Me, I'm sticking to the unflipped look with my huge wire baskets and all.

Latest posts

Back