"Most over done trend?"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double Nickle said:
Junk bikes priced high just because they thought they saw it on American pickers.
+1

Double Nickle said:
Junk bikes priced high just because they thought they saw it on American pickers.

the fact that there ARE tv-shows about 'our hoodlum hobbies' makes you think about what has become 'over done':

American Hotrod; American Choppers; Hotrod Apprentice; American Custom Bike Build Off; European Custom Bike Build Off; American Pickers; ...etc etc...

Still love it all though...

herr_rudolf said:
Double Nickle said:

the fact that there ARE tv-shows about 'our hoodlum hobbies' makes you think about what has become 'over done':

American Hotrod; American Choppers; Hotrod Apprentice; American Custom Bike Build Off; European Custom Bike Build Off; American Pickers; ...etc etc...

Still love it all though...
Dont forget American Restoration :lol:

Double Nickle said:
Dont forget American Restoration :lol:

...there are probably more but I've never seen or heard from American Restoration...
We don't get American Pickers eighter on Dutch airwaves btw.
Not yet that is...

All in all, things becoming a (over done) trend has its cons AND its pros, I guess...
:wink:

herr_rudolf said:
...there are probably more but I've never seen or heard from American Restoration...
We don't get American Pickers eighter on Dutch airwaves btw.
Not yet that is...

The Dutch version won't find any cool bikes, just Piccaso's and Renoir's :wink:

I'm going to skip criticizing people's builds and go after overdone trends on new bikes:

Mountain and BMX bikes: BLACK everything! Rims, spokes & nipples, hubs, tires, skewers, brakes, derailleurs, shifters, cranks, pedals, hardware, etc... This stuff really makes the bikes look cheap. Whatever happened to polished, anodized, and chrome components?

Road bikes: Massive, ugly graphics all over the bike including the rims.

The industry as a whole: Too much made in China crap.

for me its...

Fixies

and mounting the handle bars almost vertical (cruisers in general, not really a rat rod thing), it looks so fugly.

like this..
tht-08-l-vl1.jpg

kingsting said:
I'm going to skip criticizing people's builds and go after overdone trends on new bikes:

Mountain and BMX bikes: BLACK everything! Rims, spokes & nipples, hubs, tires, skewers, brakes, derailleurs, shifters, cranks, pedals, hardware, etc... This stuff really makes the bikes look cheap. Whatever happened to polished, anodized, and chrome components?

Road bikes: Massive, ugly graphics all over the bike including the rims.

So true! Another thing is where did the cruiser chrome go? I mean they used to be beautiful with all the chrome. now the closest we got is chrome painted plastic. :roll:

kingsting said:
Whatever happened to polished, anodized, and chrome components?

I think it became an 'over done trend' in the 90's :mrgreen:

kingsting said:

Exactly. An item becomes an 'over done trend' when it's easily available as a 'made in China'-product...

max210 said:
for me its...

Fixies

and mounting the handle bars almost vertical (cruisers in general, not really a rat rod thing), it looks so fugly.

like this..
tht-08-l-vl1.jpg
At least I'm not the only one who thinks these look ugly :roll:

Brett Favre...oh, sorry, just getting ready for the game...

I haven't been back in the game for awhile so I've missed most of the "trends". I painted my folding bike flat black with red rims BEFORE I found this site.

But since I have got back into bikes I keep hearing this annoying trend in the background

...."You brought home another one!" :shock:

Most definitely overdone. :mrgreen:

the standard diamond frame.

after 100+ years, this is an overdone trend i would love to see change.

i realize theres many styles of frames, but nothing thats caught on like the standard shape.

i'd love to see an inovative frame design become the norm.
something real sleek.

Latest posts

Back