Mount spaceliner tank

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Feel like a total noob for this but...

How does the straight tank mount to a spaceliner frame?

I know the tank opens and goes closed around the head tube but what holds the back end of the tank up to the underside of the bars?

Last edited:
Hard to remember, as it's been a while since I took mine off. I think there is a tab welded to the frame, and the back end of the tank screws into that.

If you don't get a good answer soon, I'll go home and check mine out to verify.

Thanks guys i will need to figure something out to make this work.
My frame is a 7 tank frame but I want to attach a straight tank I have.
What's this washer trick? A picture would be worth a thousand words probably.

Didn't think it would matter lol never seen a pic that showed a mounting point so I thought it was on the tank side & I was missing something

Curved plate that is welded to the underside of the downtube that the bottom of the tank tab slides into.
The straight tank has a u shaped tab on the underside of the bottom tube under the double top tubes with two ears facing the headtube that slide into the two tank halves end openings.
Have a picture somewhere.

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

@CeeBee got any pics of your washer method?

Tanks guys figured there had to be something welded on but couldn't find a pic to confirm.

So basicly bend a washer to fit on top the tubes and cut a piece to slip in the end of the tank but with a hole in it to bolt it all together to hold the tank up.

Think I can manage that.

Here's what I have
a8a3yda4.jpg

I have the straight tank model. At the rear of the tank, welded to the frame, is a steel tab that looks just like an automotive front end alignment shim, just narrower and thinner. The pronged end faces forward and slides into a corresponding slot in the rear of the tank.

Latest posts

Back