Multi speed hub for worksman wheel?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fv2

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Did worksman make a multi for the heavy gauge spokes?

I have a three speed from a worksman, but the holes in the flange are to small for 11g spokes.

I know SA made a 3 speed w coaster hub for bigger spokes, I bought an 85 Emory with one.

FS...why do you want heavy, 11-gauge spokes? Drilling hub flanges for large spokes is a recipe for the flange to fail.

I get it. You want to use your existing Worksman rear rim with its' heavy spokes? Hmmmm. Maybe abandon the heavy 11g wheel and get one that is lighter with better performance in a multi-gear hub with lightweight rim & spokes? Never seen a large-holed multi before..

Here is a Worksman drum hub I used on my BO12 bike. I assume that it came originally with a 5 speed cassette? I wussed out and used a single speed freewheel on it.
58218_6c1eea35bc992549af165e4eb90588e4.jpg

I don't know enough about bike parts to know what I'd need.

I'm still working on my camp bike that I put in the Apocalypse build off.
I'm using a a worksman cargorax frame.

I want the bike to be able to hold all my camp stuff, and still make it up hilly roads. But at the same time I want it easy maintenance, so single speed might be the way.

Technology sucks, took me two hours to type this. And this is supposed to be a "smart phone", I imagine the WiFi is having issues too.

I don't know enough about bike parts to know what I'd need.

I'm still working on my camp bike that I put in the Apocalypse build off.
I'm using a a worksman cargorax frame.

I want the bike to be able to hold all my camp stuff, and still make it up hilly roads. But at the same time I want it easy maintenance, so single speed might be the way.

Technology sucks, took me two hours to type this. And this is supposed to be a "smart phone", I imagine the WiFi is having issues too.

Item # 401 on the Worksman pricelist is just a Nexus hub with the drilling big enough to accommodate 11g/.120¨ spokes. Typically, Nexus 3 hubs ship with everything except for the shifter and the bell crank; with Worksman, though, things might get weird on ya, so you might want to call and make sure it comes with the cog, snapring, anti-turn washers, nuts, pushrod, and coaster strap.

TBH, your best bet may be to hit up RRB member @ind-chuckz and see what he might have on hand for you, or what he can dig up....

Latest posts

Back